UPDATE: Powell Says Will Not Allow Transition From Low Inflation Environment to High Inflation Environment
- S&P 500 ends down as jobs data rekindles rate hike fear
- JPMorgan, Morgan Stanley and Citi Discuss Outlook for US Stocks
- U.S. Adds 528,000 Jobs in July, Topping Estimates
- Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) (BRK-B) Posts Strong Operating Results Even As Buyback, Equity Buying Slows
- Amazon (AMZN) to Buy iRobot (IRBT) for $1.7 Billion
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - June 29, 2022 9:42 AM EDT)
Powell says bigger mistake to make is to fail to restore price stability, when asked if there is a risk Fed will go too far.
- Powell Says Will Not Allow Transition From Low Inflation Environment to High Inflation Environment
- Real danger high inflation becomes entrenched, inflation expectations become unanchored
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Daly: Estimate Of Neutral Rate Is Little Over 3%, Maybe 3.1% - Bloomberg
- Fed's Mester says she needs to see 'several months' of inflation easing
- Fed Chair Powell had flurry of policymaker meetings a day before June rate decision
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFed
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!