ZymoGenetics (Nasdaq: ZGEN) Said Studies Results Did Not Meet Criteria to Move Forward
- Wall Street surges to all-time closing high on earnings, economic revival
- Was Intel's (INTC) Second Quarter a Speedbump or Inflection?
- Twitter (TWTR) Gains After Beating Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PTs as Brand Recovery Accelerates
- U.S. dollar on track for second week of gains; Fed meeting in focus
- Snap (SNAP) Surges 17% After Smashing Q2 Views Across the Board to Yield a Dozen Price Target Hikes
ZymoGenetics, Inc. (ZGEN) disclosed in an 8-K filing that the preliminary results of the Phase 2 clinical trials, Study 27298 (or AUGUST-I) and Study 27905 (or AUGUST-II) conducted by ZymoGenetics's licensee, Merck Serono International SA, to study rheumatoid arthritis as an indication for the investigational drug atacicept did not meet the pre-specified level of disease control activity to support moving directly into Phase 3 clinical testing. Further exploratory analyses are underway and no final decision has been made by Merck Serono regarding rheumatoid arthritis as a potential indication for atacicept. The studies confirmed the biological effect of atacicept on immunoglobulin and autoantibody production and no new safety signals were observed. Clinical studies investigating atacicept in lupus and multiple sclerosis indications are currently ongoing
You May Also Be Interested In
- Castle Biosciences(CSTL) Presents New Data Demonstrating DecisionDx-SCC Complements Current Risk Assessment Methods in Patients with SCC of the Head and Neck
- EMA's CHMP Recommends Moderna's (MRNA) COVID-19 Vaccine for Ages 12-17
- U.S. CDC advisers back J&J COVID-19 vaccine benefits amid neurological illness reports
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!