Valeant Pharma (VRX) Announces Brodalumab FDA Advisory Committee Meeting On July 19
- Wall St posts third straight quarterly loss as inflation weighs, recession looms
- Intel's Autonomous Unit Mobileye Files U.S. IPO, Defying Weak Market Conditions
- Nike (NKE) Drops 9% as Inventory Surges 44%, Analysts See Attractive Valuation
- Hollywood Super Agent Attempts to Open Door for Twitter-Musk Settlement - Bloomberg
- Dollar up on euro as quarter ends, commodity led currencies sink
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. (NYSE: VRX) today announced that it has received notification from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that the Dermatologic and Ophthalmic Drugs Advisory Committee will review Valeant's New Drug Application (NDA) for brodalumab on July 19, 2016.
On January 25, 2016, Valeant announced that the FDA had accepted for review the Biologics License Application (BLA) submitted by AstraZeneca (LSE/SSE/NYSE: AZN) in partnership with Valeant for brodalumab injection, 210 mg, a monoclonal antibody that targets the IL-17 receptor, in development for patients with moderate to severe plaque psoriasis. The FDA assigned a Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA) action date of November 16, 2016.
"Plaque psoriasis is a chronic disease of the immune system that can impair many aspects of patients' lives," said Joseph C. Papa, chairman and chief executive officer. "We look forward to the opportunity to discuss brodalumab treatment options for adult patients with moderate to severe plaque psoriasis and provide information about this novel antibody we are developing."
As previously announced, the Marketing Authorisation Application (MAA) for brodalumab in psoriasis was accepted by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) in Q42015. In October, 2015, Valeant entered into a collaboration agreement with AstraZeneca under which Valeant has an exclusive license to develop and commercialise brodalumab globally, except in Japan and certain other Asian countries where rights are held by Kyowa Hakko Kirin Co., Ltd.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Apellis Pharmaceuticals (APLS) Announces Oral Presentations from Phase 3 DERBY and OAKS Studies at AAO
- JD.com (JD) Appoints Carol Li to its Board
- Avenue Therapeutics (ATXI) Announces 1-for-15 Reverse Stock Split, Provides Regulatory Update for IV Tramadol Including Receipt of Type A Meeting Minutes from FDA
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFDA, Management Comments
Related EntitiesPDUFA, AdCom
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!