LivaNova plc (LIVN) Granted FDA Clearance & Completes First Implant for MEMO 4D Semi-Rigid Mitral Annuloplasty Ring
- Stocks roar higher as traders park COVID and Fed jitters
- Jim Paulsen Sees Correction Exceeding 10%, Sees Cyclicals, Small and Mid Caps Outperforming Large Caps and Tech
- Apple (AAPL) iPhone 13 Lead Times Easing as Supply Chain Improves - UBS
- Salesforce (CRM) Shares Plunge on Weaker Profit Guidance, Bull Thesis Remains Intact Says Analyst
- Oil prices climb over 4% ahead of OPEC meeting despite Omicron concerns
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
LivaNova PLC (NASDAQ: LIVN) today announced it received FDA 510(k) clearance for its MEMO 4D® semi-rigid mitral annuloplasty ring and confirmed the first implantation of the device. MEMO 4D, LivaNova’s next-generation of the MEMO device family, now offers a broader range of ring sizes from 24 to 42mm allowing an additional patient population with mitral regurgitation (“MR”) to be treated. MEMO 4D is the only annuloplasty ring on market to offer the 42mm size1. Larger size rings facilitate repair in the presence of severe degenerative MR like Barlow’s disease or enlarged annuli.
Additional features of MEMO 4D include:“LivaNova is committed to innovation for mitral valve repair and replacement technology,” said Jason Richey, LivaNova’s President of North America. “Garnering FDA clearance for MEMO 4D addresses a real need and allows a broader patient population suffering from MR to be treated.”
- ReChord chordal guide system accelerates procedure times, while providing a standardized approach to neochordae implantation.
- New ring design offers improved dimensions to treat enlarged annuli and reduce the risk of Systolic Anterior Motion (“SAM”).
- True semi-rigid stability and flexibility to ensure a natural behavior.
- Gradual saddle shape optimizes the physiological geometry in enlarged annuli.
The first MEMO 4D implant was performed by Dr. Sreekumar Subramanian M.D., FACS of TriStar Cardiovascular Surgery at TriStar Centennial Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee.
“MEMO 4D simplifies and standardizes degenerative complex mitral valve repair, facilitates minimally invasive surgical approaches and preserves the mobility of the mitral valve leaflets,” said Subramanian. “The new larger sizes allow us to treat more patients and pathologies while providing the potential to further improve patient outcomes. With MEMO 4D, surgeons can optimize mitral repair procedures rather than replacing the entire mitral valve.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- FDA advisers back Merck's (MRK) molnupiravir for Covid-19 in vote of 13-10
- Rallybio Corporation (RLYB) Reports Positive Data in Its Clinical Program for the Prevention of Fetal and Neonatal Alloimmune Thrombocytopenia
- BioXcel Therapeutics (BTAI) Announces Extension of FDA Review Period of its NDA for BXCL501 for the Acute Treatment of Agitation Associated with Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorders
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!