Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Sold 6M AmerisourceBergen (ABC) Shares at $150
- Wall St slips with inflation data on deck
- Salesforce rolls out first-ever dividend as Q4 results, guidance beat estimates
- Stocks slip, dollar rises ahead of US inflation data
- Snowflake Q4 results top estimates; CEO retires
- US market now accounts for 60% of total world investable equity market value - UBS
Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA) today announced that it has sold 6.0 million shares of AmerisourceBergen Corporation (NYSE: ABC) common stock pursuant to Rule 144 at a price of $150 per share.
After the sale, Walgreens Boots Alliance’s ownership of AmerisourceBergen’s common stock has decreased from approximately 28.1 percent to approximately 25.2 percent.
The sale has no impact to the long-term partnership between the two companies. Walgreens Boots Alliance remains fully committed to the strategic, mutually beneficial relationship with AmerisourceBergen, which has been a strong and trusted partner since 2013. Chief Operating Officer, International of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Ornella Barra, will continue to serve on AmerisourceBergen’s Board of Directors.
Proceeds to Walgreens Boots Alliance are expected to be approximately $900 million, which the company intends to use primarily for debt paydown and the continued support of its strategic priorities.
Chief Executive Officer Rosalind Brewer said:
“Walgreens Boots Alliance and AmerisourceBergen will continue our very productive collaboration, creating significant value for both companies. We’ve taken the opportunity to monetize holdings at this time to realize a strong return on our investment, while complementing our other actions to optimize our capital allocation. Today’s action enhances our balance sheet and is consistent with our efforts to generate value for our shareholders.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Appoints Lanesha Minnix as Chief Legal Officer
- Veradigm (MDRX) Mentioned as Short at Bleecker Street Research
- Pinnacle West Capital (PNW) Files Mixed Shelf
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEquity Offerings, Insider Trades, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!