Spartan Energy Acquisition Corp. (SPAQ) Prices 40M Unit IPO at $10/Unit
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Spartan Energy Acquisition Corp. (NYSE: SPAQ), led by Chairman Gregory Beard and Chief Executive Officer Geoffrey Strong, today announced the pricing of its initial public offering (“IPO”) of 40,000,000 units at a price of $10.00 per unit. The units will be listed on the New York Stock Exchange (“NYSE”) and trade under the ticker symbol “SPAQ.U” beginning August 10, 2018. Each unit consists of one share of the Company’s Class A common stock and one-third of one warrant, with each whole warrant enabling the holder thereof to purchase one whole share of Class A common stock at a price of $11.50 per share. Once the securities comprising the units begin separate trading, which is expected to be on the 52nd day after following the date hereof, the Class A common stock and warrants are expected to be listed on the NYSE under the symbols “SPAQ” and “SPAQ WS,” respectively. The IPO is expected to close on August 14, 2018.
The Company intends to use the net proceeds from the IPO, and a simultaneous private placement of warrants, to consummate the Company’s initial business combination.
Citigroup Global Markets Inc. and Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC are acting as joint book-running managers and Jefferies LLC, RBC Capital Markets, LLC and Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. Securities, Inc. are acting as co-managers for the offering. The Company has granted the underwriters a 45-day option to purchase up to an additional 6,000,000 units at the initial public offering price to cover over-allotments, if any.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- IPO for Autonomous Trucking Player TuSimple (TSP) Opens Flat
- Supernova Partners Acquisition Company II, Ltd. Announces the Separate Trading of its Class A Ordinary Shares and Redeemable Warrants Commencing April 22, 2021
- Biomea Fusion (BMEA) IPO Opens 15% Higher
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEquity Offerings, IPOs
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Citi, Jefferies & Co, RBC Capital, Definitive Agreement, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!