lululemon (LULU) Jumps 2% on Beat and Raise Q1 Earnings Report
- Wall St posts third straight quarterly loss as inflation weighs, recession looms
- Tesla (TSLA) Delivered 343,830 EV Units in Q3, Misses Estimates
- Intel's Autonomous Unit Mobileye Files U.S. IPO, Defying Weak Market Conditions
- Nike (NKE) Drops 9% as Inventory Surges 44%, Analysts See Attractive Valuation
- Hollywood Super Agent Attempts to Open Door for Twitter-Musk Settlement - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
lululemon athletica (NASDAQ: LULU) shares jumped 2% after-hours Thursday after the company beat on the top and bottom line in the first quarter and lifted its outlook.
The athleisure apparel maker reported that revenue surged 32% to $1.6 billion as total comparable sales increased 28%. This easily topped the consensus of $1.53 billion. The company posted EPS of $1.48, versus the consensus of $1.43.
CFO Meghan Frank said while not immune to challenges from COVID-19, supply chain disruptions, and inflationary pressure, their "omni operating model, balanced growth strategy, and unique approach toward innovation enable the positive results we are reporting today and anticipate for the full year."
Looking at the current quarter, the company sees revenue of $1.75-1.775 billion, versus the consensus of $1.71 billion. They see adjusted EPS of $1.82-$1.87, versus the consensus of $1.77.
For the year, lululemon sees revenue of $7.61-7.71 billion, versus the consensus of $7.54 billion. They see FY2022 adjusted EPS of $9.35-$9.50, versus the consensus of $9.28.
In April, lululemon announced its Three ×2 growth strategy to enable it to double revenue to $12.5 billion by 2026.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- lululemon (LULU), Under Armour (UAA) Trade Lower in Sympathy with Nike (NKE)
- Deutsche Bank Bullish Ahead of Tesla’s (TSLA) AI Day and 3Q Report
- Micron Gains Despite a Big Guidance Miss, One Analyst Upgrades While Another Assigns a New Street Low PT
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot List, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!