Williams-Sonoma (WSM) Tops Q1 EPS by 2c, Revenues In-Line; Offers FY17 Guidance
- S&P 500 ends off day's lows; Powell says Fed still a ways away from rate hikes
- Facebook (FB) Tops Q2 EPS by 59c, DAUs were 1.91 billion on average
- PayPal (PYPL) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c, Guidance Misses
- Alphabet (GOOGL) Crushes Q2 Expectations to Send Shares Higher as Search and YouTube Excel, Attracts a New Street-High Price Target
- Fed maintains federal funds rate at 0 to 1/4 percent
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Williams-Sonoma (NYSE: WSM) reported Q1 EPS of $0.51, $0.02 better than the analyst estimate of $0.49. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.11 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.11 billion.
Williams-Sonoma sees FY2017 EPS of $3.45-$3.65, versus the consensus of $3.54. Williams-Sonoma sees FY2017 revenue of $5.165-5.265 billion, versus the consensus of $5.2 billion.
1st QUARTER 2017 RESULTS
- Q1 17 net revenues grew 1.2% to $1.112 billion versus $1.098 billion in Q1 16 with comparable brand revenue growth of 0.1%.
- Q1 17 operating margin was 5.6% versus 5.8% in Q1 16. Excluding certain items affecting comparability, non-GAAP operating margin was 6.1% in Q1 17 and 7.0% in Q1 16 (see Notes 1 and 2 in Exhibit 1). See Exhibit 1 for a reconciliation of GAAP to non-GAAP operating margin.
- Q1 17 diluted earnings per share (“EPS”) was $0.45 versus $0.44 in Q1 16. Excluding certain items affecting comparability, non-GAAP EPS was $0.51 in Q1 17 and $0.53 in Q1 16 (see Notes 1–3 in Exhibit 1). See Exhibit 1 for a reconciliation of GAAP to non-GAAP EPS.
- Cash returned to stockholders totaled $72 million, comprising $38 million in stock repurchases and $34 million in dividends.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Williams-Sonoma (WSM) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Element Solutions (ESI) Tops Q2 EPS by 1c
- MKS Instruments (MKSI) Tops Q2 EPS by 7c, Offers Q3 Guidance
- Spok Holdings (SPOK) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.04
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!