Verint Systems (VRNT) Misses Q4 EPS by 27c; Approves $150M Stock Buyback
- Wall Street ends lower as Cisco and Apple sink
- A Recession Could Push S&P 500 to 3360 - Goldman Sachs
- Palo Alto Networks Shares Surge 11% on Q3 Earnings Beat and Raise
- Twitter (TWTR) Says Musk Deal Not 'On-Hold', Won't Renegotiate Price
- After-Hours Stock Movers 05/19: Palo Alto Ramps on Strong Results; Ross Stores Plunges (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Verint Systems (NASDAQ: VRNT) reported Q4 EPS of $0.90, $0.27 worse than the analyst estimate of $1.17. Revenue for the quarter came in at $280.8 million versus the consensus estimate of $318.04 million.
Below is Verint's non-GAAP outlook for the year ending January 31, 2017.
- We expect revenue as follows:
- In our Enterprise Intelligence segment, we expect mid-to-high single digit revenue growth.
- In our Security Intelligence segments, we expect a decline in revenue of between 10% to 15%.
- Based on the above, for the year ending January 31, 2017, we expect total revenue to be similar to the year ended January 31, 2016, +/- 2.0% and diluted earnings per share to be similar to the year ended January 31, 2016 (excluding any benefit to diluted earnings per share from the share repurchase program described below).
Share Buyback Program
Today we are announcing that Verint’s board of directors has authorized the Company to repurchase up to $150 million of common stock over the next two years. The specific timing, price and size of purchases will depend on prevailing stock prices, general market and economic conditions, and other considerations, including the amount of cash generated in the U.S. and other potential uses of cash, such as acquisitions. The program may be extended, suspended or discontinued at any time without prior notice.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Verint Systems (VRNT) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Kohl's (KSS) Misses Q1 EPS by 61c, Lowers FY Guidance, Provided Update on Strategic Alternatives Process
- Target (TGT) Stock Collapses 24% on Disappointing Results, Analyst Downgrades to Hold
- UPDATE: Bath & Body Works, Inc. (BBWI) Tops Q1 EPS by 14c, Offers EPS Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance, Stock Buybacks, Trading Halts
Related EntitiesStock Buyback, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!