United Airlines (UAL) Stock Gains Smaller Q3 Loss; Longer-Term Targets Still on Track
- Wall Street rebounds after virus-related sell-off
- Here's What Analysts are Saying as Twitter (TWTR) Stock Erases Earlier Gains
- Moderna (MRNA) Stock Up 10% as WHO Says Omicron Covid Variant Poses 'Very High' Global RIsk
- 2 Reasons Why Citi Downgraded Merck (MRK) to Neutral Today, Opened a Negative Catalyst Watch
- Why EV Li Auto (LI) Stock Is Up 8% Today
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
United Airlines (NASDAQ: UAL) stock gained 2% after-hours Tuesday after the reported its Q3 results, with EPS coming in at ($1.02), better than the consensus estimate of ($1.29). The company delivered quarterly revenue of $7.8 billion, slightly below the consensus estimate of $7.85 billion, with quarterly capacity decreasing 28% year-over-year.
The company provided its Q4 outlook, expecting total revenue to be down 25%-30% year-over-year, and capacity to be down around 23%.
Despite COVID-19 Delta variant impact on Q3, the company remains on track to achieve the range of longer-term financial targets provided as part of its United Next plan, and to reduce CASM-ex1 below 2019 levels next year.
The company announced plans to increase international capacity by 10% in 2022 (keeping domestic capacity flat to 2019), due to the recovery in premium leisure travel, re-opening of European borders in November, continued rebound of business travel, and early signals of loosening travel restrictions in key Pacific markets.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Chicago Atlantic Real Estate Finance (REFI) Announces 6.25M Share IPO at $16-$18/sh
- Partner Communications (PTNR) Reports Q3 Revenues of $259M, Basic EPS of $0.04
- United Continental (UAL) PT Lowered to $75 at Raymond James
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!