Ulta Beauty Shares Surge 8% on Q1 Beat and Raise
- S&P 500 closes the book on its biggest first-half plunge since 1970
- Micron (MU) Shares Drop 4% on Significant Q4 Guidance Miss
- S&P 500 on Track for Worst First-Half in 60 Years
- Exclusive-Meta slashes hiring plans, girds for 'fierce' headwinds
- Tesla Could Make Billions from Opening Up Its EV Supercharger Network - Goldman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA) shares were trading around 8% higher after-hours following the company’s reported Q1 results, with EPS of $6.30 coming in better than the Street estimate of $4.47.
Revenue increased 21% year-over-year to $2.35 billion, compared to the Street estimate of $2.12 billion. Comparable sales grew 18%, driven by a 10% growth in transactions and a 7.3% growth in average ticket.
“The Ulta Beauty team delivered exceptional first quarter results, with better-than-expected sales and earnings growth, supported by double-digit comparable sales growth across all major categories,” said Dave Kimbell, chief executive officer. “Solid execution of our strategies, paired with strong guest demand, fueled our financial performance and continued market share gains as we delighted our guests with exciting brand launches within our one-of-a-kind assortment and differentiated guest experiences.”
The company increased its full 2022-year guidance, expecting EPS in the range of $19.20-$20.10, compared to the consensus estimate of $18.66. Full-year revenue is expected to be $9.35-9.55 billion, compared to the consensus estimate of $9.18 billion.
Shares of Ulta were down 8% year-to-date into the results.
By Davit Kirakosyan
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Micron Technology (MU) Tops Q3 EPS by 15c, Guidance Misses Badly
- S&P 500 Set to Post Worst 1st-Half Return Since 1970
- United Health Services (UHS) Lowers Guidance - Cowen Says it's 'Consistent' with their View
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot List, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!