UPDATE: Constellation Brands (STZ) Tops Q2 EPS by 31c, Beats on Revenues; Boosts FY18 EPS Guidance Range Above Consensus
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - October 5, 2017 7:43 AM EDT)
Constellation Brands (NYSE: STZ) reported Q2 EPS of $2.48, $0.31 better than the analyst estimate of $2.17. Revenue for the quarter came in at $2.09 billion versus the consensus estimate of $2.06 billion.
Constellation Brands sees FY2018 EPS of $8.25-$8.40, versus the consensus of $8.18.
- Achieves reported basis EPS of $2.48 and comparable basis EPS of $2.47, an increase of 42% and 40%, respectively
- Generates $1.1 billion of operating cash flow and $598 million of free cash flow
- Increases fiscal 2018 reported basis EPS outlook to $7.90 - $8.05 and comparable basis EPS outlook to $8.25 - $8.40; driven primarily by strong beer business results
- Affirms fiscal 2018 operating cash flow target of approximately $2.0 billion and free cash flow projection of $725 - $825 million
- Recognizes effective tax rate of approximately 20.5% and lowers anticipated fiscal 2018 tax rate to approximately 21%
- Acquires fast-growing Funky Buddha craft brewer
- Declares quarterly cash dividend
- Plans to launch Commercial Paper program
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Constellation Brands (STZ) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- The Beauty Health Company (SKIN) Reports Q1 Revenues of $47.5M; Offers FY21 Revenues Outlook
- Applied DNA Sciences (APDN) Reports In-Line Q2 EPS
- GTY Technology (GTYH) Q1 Revenue Tops Views, Offers Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!