UPDATE: ConAgra Brands (CAG) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS, Offers 3-Year and FY18 Guidance
- Wall Street closes lower as inflation fears prompt tech sell-off
- Dogecoin Sees 'Sell the News' Reaction to Musk's SNL Appearance, as 'Hustle' Comment is Weighed Against Launch 'To the Moon'
- Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) Downgraded to 'Neutral' at Citi as Decelerating Growth Is Not Bullish for Multiples
- Elliott Management has stake in Duke Energy (DUK) - WSJ
- Ethereum (ETH) Soars Above $4,000 to Print Fresh Record Highs
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - June 29, 2017 7:30 AM EDT)
ConAgra Brands (NYSE: CAG) reported Q4 EPS of $0.37, in-line with the analyst estimate of $0.37. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.86 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.86 billion.
Long-Term Algorithm and Fiscal 2018 Outlook
The Company is reiterating its three-year fiscal 2020 financial algorithm, which uses fiscal 2017 as the base year, as summarized below:
- Organic net sales compound annual growth rate (CAGR) in the range of 1% to 2%. Organic net sales growth is defined as net sales growth excluding the impacts of foreign exchange as well as acquisitions and divestitures until the anniversary date of the transactions.
- Adjusted gross margin of approximately 32% for the full fiscal year 2020
- Adjusted operating margin of approximately 16.5% for the full fiscal year 2020
- Adjusted EPS CAGR of approximately 10%
- Annual dividend payout ratio of between 45% and 50%
The Company is providing fiscal 2018 guidance as summarized below:
- Reported net sales growth in the range of (2)% to flat
- Organic net sales growth in the range of (2)% to flat
- Adjusted operating margin in the range of 15.9% to 16.3%
- Effective tax rate in the range of 32.5% to 33.5%
- Adjusted diluted EPS from continuing operations in the range of $1.84 to $1.89
- The Company expects to repurchase approximately $1.1 billion of shares of its common stock in the fiscal year, subject to market and other conditions
- The fiscal 2018 Outlook includes the expected results of the Wesson oil brand for the full fiscal year.
(Street sees FY18 EPS of $1.88)
The inability to predict the amount and timing of the impacts of foreign exchange, acquisitions, and divestitures and other items impacting comparability makes a detailed reconciliation of these forward-looking non-GAAP financial measures impracticable. Please see the end of this release for more information.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on ConAgra Brands (CAG) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NortonLifeLock Inc. (NLOK) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c, Revenues Beat; Offers FY21 EPS/Revenues Guidance Above Consensus
- Castle Biosciences Inc. (CSTL) Tops Q1 EPS by 6c
- Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c, Revenues Beat; Offers FY21 EPS Mid-Point Guidance Above Consensus, FY21 Revs. Mid-Point Views Below Consensus
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!