Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q2 EPS by 3c; MAUs Outpace; Q3 Revenue Outlook Light
- S&P 500 hits 2023 closing high as Powell strengthens peak rate bets
- Santa will continue to deliver - Stock Trader's Almanac
- 5 Tesla analysts weigh in as Tesla stock lags after Cybertruck updates
- Shares climb, dollar falls with Fed comments inspiring dovish bets
- Ulta Beauty lifts guidance after Q3 results beat estimates
(Updated - July 26, 2016 4:17 PM EDT)
Twitter (NYSE: TWTR) reported Q2 EPS of $0.13, $0.03 better than the analyst estimate of $0.10. Revenue for the quarter came in at $602 million versus the consensus estimate of $606.77 million.
MAUs were 313 million, with the consensus at 312 million.
Total ad engagements grew 226% year-over-year, driven by the adoption of auto-play video and increased ad load. The average cost per engagement fell 64% year-over-year, again primarily due to the shift to auto-play video.
Sees Q3 revenue of $590 - $610 million, versus the consensus at $678 million.
For FY 2016, we expect:
- Capital expenditures to be $300 to $375 million;
- Adjusted EBITDA margin in the range of 26-27%.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Twitter (TWTR) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ulta Beauty (ULTA) Tops Q3 EPS by 8c, Offers Guidance
- American Outdoor Brands (AOUT) Tops Q2 EPS by 5c
- Pure Storage plunges 17% on soft outlook; Analysts see further multiple compression
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance
Related EntitiesTwitter, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!