Twitter, Inc. (TWTR) Posts Q2 EPS of 2c/Share, Beats Views; Guides FY14 Revs Above Expectations
- S&P 500 hits 2023 closing high as Powell strengthens peak rate bets
- Santa will continue to deliver - Stock Trader's Almanac
- 5 Tesla analysts weigh in as Tesla stock lags after Cybertruck updates
- Shares climb, dollar falls with Fed comments inspiring dovish bets
- Ulta Beauty lifts guidance after Q3 results beat estimates
(Updated - July 29, 2014 4:13 PM EDT)
Twitter, Inc. (NYSE: TWTR) reported Q2 EPS of $0.02, $0.03 better than the analyst estimate of ($0.01). Revenue for the quarter came in at $312 million versus the consensus estimate of $282.44 million.
Second Quarter 2014 Operational Highlights
- Average Monthly Active Users (MAUs) were 271 million as of June 30, 2014, an increase of 24% year-over-year.
- Mobile MAUs reached 211 million in the second quarter of 2014, an increase of 29% year-over-year, representing 78% of total MAUs.
- Timeline views reached 173 billion for the second quarter of 2014, an increase of 15% year-over-year.
- Advertising revenue per thousand timeline views reached $1.60 in the second quarter of 2014, an increase of 100% year-over-year.
Second Quarter 2014 Product Highlights
- Twitter introduced new product experiences that were built around the World Cup, including real-time scoring, push notifications, event and match timelines, and a voting ballot feature. In addition, Twitter launched new web profiles and the ability to send private messages within Vine.
- Twitter launched a number of new advertiser tools including mobile app promotions, which allow mobile app developers to drive installs and engagements on Twitter, and website cards, which allow advertisers to easily surface website content within a Tweet and drive relevant traffic to any page of their site such as their home page, product page, or an important blog post.
- Twitter continued the international expansion of its advertising products, expanding state/region geo-targeting to help marketers meet local advertising objectives in additional countries including the UK, France, and Indonesia, among others, and launching its self service ad platform for small and medium sized businesses in Spain, Israel and South Africa.
- Twitter closed the acquisition of Gnip, a leading provider of social data, and entered into agreements to acquire several other companies including TapCommerce, a leader in mobile retargeting and re-engagement advertising, and SnappyTV, a platform for video editing and distribution.
Twitter sees Q3 2014 revenue of $330 - $340 million, versus the consensus of $323.7 million. Adjusted EBITDA is projected to be in the range of $40 million to $45 million
Twitter sees FY2014 revenue of $1.31 - $1.33 billion, versus the consensus of $1.27 billion. Adjusted EBITDA is projected to be in the range of $210 million to $230 million.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Twitter, Inc. (TWTR) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Morgan Stanley says PagerDuty stock is 'too cheap to ignore'; Shares gain after earnings
- Ulta Beauty (ULTA) Tops Q3 EPS by 8c, Offers Guidance
- Genesco (GCO) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c; Lowers Outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance, Hot List
Related EntitiesTwitter, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!