Teva Pharma (TEVA) Misses Q2 EPS by 4c, Lowers FY EPS Guidance, Cuts Dividend
- Wall Street falls as oil, tech losses outweigh retail cheer
- Electronic Arts (EA) Rebounds on Reaffirmed Guidance Despite Battlefield 2042 Delay, Be Concerned But Not Worried Says Analyst
- Online purchases boost U.S. retail sales; labor market recovering
- Chat Platform Discord Raises $500 Million, Valuation More Than Doubled In Less Than a Year
- Dollar index jumps after U.S. retail sales show surprise rebound
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - August 3, 2017 6:40 AM EDT)
Teva Pharma (NYSE: TEVA) reported Q2 EPS of $1.02, $0.04 worse than the analyst estimate of $1.06. Revenue for the quarter came in at $5.7 billion versus the consensus estimate of $5.76 billion.
Teva Pharma sees Q3 2017 EPS of $4.30-$4.50, versus the consensus of $4.74.
- We have lowered our outlook for 2017 Non-GAAP results to revenues of $22.8 – $23.2 billion, from a previously expected range of $23.8 – $24.5 billion.
This adjusted outlook takes into consideration the impact of increased price erosion in our U.S. Generics business, which is expected to be in a high single digits rate through the remainder of the year, and delays in generic launches in the U.S. Lastly, this outlook reflects the continued deterioration of political and economic conditions in Venezuela.
The revised guidance ranges assume no generic competition to Copaxone® 40mg in the United Stated in 2017.
|billions, except EPS|
2017 Business OutlookJanuary 2017
Updated 2017 Business OutlookAugust 2017
|Net revenues||23.8 - 24.5||22.8 - 23.2|
|Gross profit (%)||57% - 58%||56% - 57%|
|R&D||1.75 - 1.85||1.6 - 1.7|
|S&M||3.4 - 3.55||3.45 - 3.55|
|G&A||1.0 - 1.1||1.1 - 1.2|
|Operating income ($B)||7.4 - 7.8||6.6 - 6.8|
|EBITDA||8.0 - 8.4||7.2 - 7.4|
|Finance expenses||0.8 - 0.85||0.8 - 0.9|
|Tax (%)||17% - 18%||16.5 - 17.5%|
|Number of shares (M)||1,076||1,076*|
|EPS||4.90 - 5.30||4.30 - 4.50|
|Cash flow from operations||5.7 - 6.1||4.4 - 4.6|
Teva Pharma (NYSE: TEVA) declared a quarterly dividend of $0.085 per share, or $0.34 annualized. This is a 75% decrease from the prior dividend of $0.34.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Teva Pharma (TEVA) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Nucor (NUE) Q3 EPS Guidance Tops Consensus
- Cisco Systems (CSCO) Upgraded to Outperform at Credit Suisse, Other Analysts Raise PTs Following Bullish Investor Day
- Allison Transmission (ALSN) to Acquire AVTEC’s Off-Highway Transmission Portfolio and Off-Highway Component Machining Business for $27M Cash
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance
Related EntitiesDividend, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!