SurModics (SRDX) Tops Q2 EPS by 23c, Beats on Revenues; Fiscal 2018 Guidance Increased
- Wall Street ekes out gains to close languid week
- 'Faster than Porsche but Safer than Volvo': Tesla (TSLA) Begins Model S Plaid Deliveries, Priced Between $131,100 and $145,600
- Oil hits multi-year highs in third weekly gain on demand recovery
- Snowflake (SNOW) Falls Following Investor Day Despite Strong Guidance, Analysts Bullish But Say Investors May Have Wanted More
- Dollar looks stronger as euro and sterling dip
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
SurModics (NASDAQ: SRDX) reported Q2 EPS of $0.15, $0.23 better than the analyst estimate of ($0.08). Revenue for the quarter came in at $19.1 million versus the consensus estimate of $17.71 million.
- Abbott and Surmodics Announce Agreement for Next-Generation Drug-Coated Balloon
- FDA Approval of .018\" Low-Profile PTA Balloon Dilation Catheter
- Q2 2018 Revenue of $19.1 Million, up 8.9%
- Revenue and Earnings Guidance Raised
- EPS of $0.11, Non-GAAP EPS of $0.15
“We made important progress on each of our strategic objectives in the second quarter while delivering strong financial results. Our agreement with Abbott for exclusive worldwide commercialization rights of our SurVeil® drug-coated balloon marks a meaningful milestone for Surmodics, providing a long-term strategic partner and an opportunity for profitable growth,” said Gary Maharaj, President and CEO of Surmodics. “Further, as a result of our financial performance and the signing of the Abbott transaction, we have raised our revenue and earnings guidance for fiscal 2018.”
Fiscal 2018 Guidance Increased
As a result of revenue performance in the first six months of fiscal 2018 and to reflect the impact of the Abbott transaction, Surmodics increased its fiscal 2018 revenue and earning guidance. Surmodics expects fiscal year 2018 revenueto range from $75.0 million to $79.0 million, up from previous expectations in the range of $72.0 million to $75.0 million. The Company expects diluted loss in the range of ($0.20) to ($0.35) per share as compared with the prior guidance of ($0.45) to ($0.70) per share.Non-GAAP diluted (loss) earnings guidance range is now ($0.06) to $0.09 per share as compared with prior guidance of ($0.20) to $0.05 per share.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on SurModics (SRDX) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Chewy (CHWY) Tops Q1 EPS by 12c, Revs Beat Slightly
- Chewy (CHWY) Delivers a Beat-and-Raise Quarter, Shares Fall as Top-Line Growth Slows, Guidance Looks 'Conservative' Says Analyst
- Worthington Industries (WOR) Announces New Reporting Segments
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Related EntitiesEarnings, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!