Sohu.com, Inc. (SOHU) Posts Smaller than Expected Q3 Loss, Guides Q4 Revs In-Line
- Wall St gains with upbeat earnings and forecasts
- Amazon (AMZN) Tops Q2 EPS by $2.90, Revenue Misses, Q3 Guidance Falls Short of Consensus
- Robinhood (HOOD) IPO Opens Flat
- Didi (DIDI) Gains on WSJ Report It Considers Going Private, Company Denies
- Facebook (FB) Tops Profit and Revenue Estimates, But Shares Lower on Warning of Significant Growth Slowdown, Analyst Still Raises PT to a New 'Street High'
Sohu.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: SOHU) reported Q3 EPS of ($0.74), $0.40 better than the analyst estimate of ($1.14). Revenue for the quarter came in at $430 million versus the consensus estimate of $437.6 million.
Sohu.com, Inc. sees Q4 2014 revenue of $442-462 million, versus the consensus of $461.05 million.
Dr. Charles Zhang, Chairman and CEO of Sohu.com Inc., commented, "We had a solid quarter, and our financial performance was largely in line with our expectations. Some of our key business lines continued to show strong momentum. Sohu Video maintained a healthy growth in users, driven by an impressive 40% sequential increase in mobile traffic. Sogou's quarterly revenue exceeded $100 million for the first time and was up 86% year-over-year. In September, Sogou's mobile Keyboard became the No.1 app on the iOS China app store's ranking table once Apple finally allowed third party input method software to work on its iOS 8 system."
Dr. Zhang added, "For Changyou, while user engagement in its PC MMO games remained resilient, what's more exciting is that we launched a couple of mobile games showing initial success. In particular TLBB 3D, which was launched last Wednesday, was reported to have become the most popular mobile game on iPhone in China. This marks Changyou's solid step in the mobile game space. In the meantime, Changyou continued to invest in its platform initiative with average monthly active users totaling 275 million in the third quarter, up 178% from a year ago."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Sohu.com, Inc. (SOHU) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- DoubleVerify Holdings Inc. (DV) Misses Q2 EPS by 7c
- Evans Bancorp (EVBN) Tops Q2 EPS by 19c
- CareDx (CDNA) Tops Q2 EPS by 9c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!