Sohu.com, Inc. (SOHU) Posts Smaller than Expected Q3 Loss, Guides Q4 Revs In-Line
- Wall Street ends sharply lower in broad sell-off
- China Property Titan Evergrande (EGRNF) Collapses to 11-Year Lows, Analysts Wary of Domino Effect
- Apple (AAPL) iPhone 13 Has Strong Start with Positive Mix Skew - JP Morgan
- Lennar (LEN) Falls as Reported Q3 Revenue Beats, EPS Slightly Missed Estimates
- Royal Dutch Shell to Sell its Permian Business to ConocoPhillips (COP) for $9.5 Billion Cash
Sohu.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: SOHU) reported Q3 EPS of ($0.74), $0.40 better than the analyst estimate of ($1.14). Revenue for the quarter came in at $430 million versus the consensus estimate of $437.6 million.
Sohu.com, Inc. sees Q4 2014 revenue of $442-462 million, versus the consensus of $461.05 million.
Dr. Charles Zhang, Chairman and CEO of Sohu.com Inc., commented, "We had a solid quarter, and our financial performance was largely in line with our expectations. Some of our key business lines continued to show strong momentum. Sohu Video maintained a healthy growth in users, driven by an impressive 40% sequential increase in mobile traffic. Sogou's quarterly revenue exceeded $100 million for the first time and was up 86% year-over-year. In September, Sogou's mobile Keyboard became the No.1 app on the iOS China app store's ranking table once Apple finally allowed third party input method software to work on its iOS 8 system."
Dr. Zhang added, "For Changyou, while user engagement in its PC MMO games remained resilient, what's more exciting is that we launched a couple of mobile games showing initial success. In particular TLBB 3D, which was launched last Wednesday, was reported to have become the most popular mobile game on iPhone in China. This marks Changyou's solid step in the mobile game space. In the meantime, Changyou continued to invest in its platform initiative with average monthly active users totaling 275 million in the third quarter, up 178% from a year ago."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Sohu.com, Inc. (SOHU) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- ConocoPhillips (COP) Acquires Permian interest From Shell For $9.5B
- Root (ROOT) announces Daniel Rosenthal will take on the role of Chief Revenue and Operating Officer
- Lennar Corp. (LEN) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Revenue Beats, Offers Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!