S&P Global (SPGI) Tops Q2 EPS by 4c, Slight Revenues Beat; Maintains FY18 EPS Outlook
- Dow, S&P post worst week in months after hawkish Fed spooks investors
- Fed-fueled dollar rises as bears make for exits
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Fed Statement Very Bullish for Tech Stocks, Focus on Cloud and Cyber Stocks - Wedbush
- You Fight Real Physical Inflation With Rate Hikes, Not Talk of Rate Hikes; Buy the Dip in Commodities, Gold Underpriced - Goldman Sachs
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI) reported Q2 EPS of $2.17, $0.04 better than the analyst estimate of $2.13. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.61 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.6 billion.
"We continued to provide the essential intelligence necessary to help our customers navigate market events including trade tensions, Brexit, MiFID II, and the unwinding of quantitative easing. Despite these uncertainties, global GDP growth continues to be strong and the Company delivered solid second quarter results," said Douglas L. Peterson, President and Chief Executive Officer of S&P Global. "Much like the first quarter, market volatility resulted in strong exchange-traded derivative revenue in our Index business and our Ratings business delivered top-line growth despite a decline in global bond issuance."
Outlook: The Company is maintaining its GAAP diluted EPS guidance in a range of $7.75 to $7.90 and its adjusted diluted EPS guidance in a range of $8.45 to $8.60.
S&P Global sees FY2018 EPS of $8.45-$8.60, versus the consensus of $8.54.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on S&P Global (SPGI) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Adobe Systems (ADBE) Tops Q2 EPS by 22c, Q3 Guidance Tops Views
- Kroger (KR) Tops Q1 EPS by 18c, FY EPS Guidance Beats
- 1847 Goedeker Inc. (GOED) Revenue Up 41.9% in May to $44.3M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!