Pinterest (PINS) Tops Q2 EPS by 12c, U.S. MAUs Fall 7%, Offers Guidance
- Wall Street opens higher after Evergrande-led rout
- DraftKings (DKNG) made a $20B cash and stock offer for Entain - CNBC
- Buy the Dip in Tech Stocks - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL): Analysts Weigh in on iPhone 13 'Lengthy' Delivery Times, US Customers Facing Up to 5 Weeks Wait for Pro and Pro Max
- Dollar holds near 1-month high with Fed, Evergrande eyed
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Pinterest (NYSE: PINS) reported Q2 EPS of $0.25, $0.12 better than the analyst estimate of $0.13. Revenue for the quarter came in at $613 million versus the consensus estimate of $561.88 million.
Global Monthly Active Users (MAUs) grew 9% year over year to 454 million.
- We continue to navigate uncertainty given the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and other factors. Our current expectation is that Q3 revenue will grow in the low-40% range year over year. We expect Q3 operating expenses will grow modestly quarter over quarter as we continue to ramp investments in our long-term strategic priorities, with plans to resume our brand marketing campaign in early Q4.
- Engagement headwinds on Pinterest have continued in July. As of July 27, 2021, U.S. MAUs have declined approximately 7% and global MAUs have grown approximately 5% year over year*. The evolution of the COVID-19 pandemic and related restrictions remain unknown, and we are not providing guidance on Q3 2021 MAUs given our lack of visibility into certain key drivers of engagement.
- We intend to provide further detail on our outlook during the conference call.
- Our key strategic priorities for 2021 remain anchored in content, Pinner experience, advertiser success and shopping. We plan to continue investing in these this year. We expect R&D efforts to continue to focus on Pinner product, ad product and measurement investments. We intend to grow our headcount further, in particular to support our international expansion efforts. We think these investments will support long-term growth and continue to build the foundations for a scaled business over time.
- * Results, trends and outlook for the Q3 2021 period to date are preliminary, subject to change, and may not be an indication of future performance.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Pinterest (PINS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Uber (UBER) says it's tracking towards Adjusted EBITDA breakeven in Q3, ahead of prior guidance
- Cracker Barrel (CBRL) Misses Q4 EPS by 8c, Offers Guidance
- Boston Scientific (BSX) to Acquire Devoro Medical, Inc for Up to $336M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!