PayPal (PYPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 8c, Offers Q1 and FY Guidance
- Tech stocks push S&P 500 to record close, buoy Nasdaq
- U.S. Calls for Pause of J&J (JNJ) Vaccine After Clotting Cases, Including One Death
- Biggest SPAC Deal Ever: Grab To Go Public in a $40 Billion Merger With Altimeter (AGC), Backed by Fidelity and BlackRock
- Oil rises after robust China data but J&J vaccine pause weighs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Soars 5% to Fresh Record Highs Ahead of Coinbase IPO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) reported Q4 EPS of $1.08, $0.08 better than the analyst estimate of $1.00. Revenue for the quarter came in at $6.12 billion versus the consensus estimate of $6.09 billion.
- Q1’21 Revenue and Earnings Guidance • PayPal expects revenue to grow ~28% at current spot rates and ~26% on an FXN basis. • PayPal expects GAAP earnings per diluted share of ~$0.70, compared to $0.07 in the prior year period, and for non-GAAP earnings per diluted share to grow ~50%. • In the first quarter of 2020, GAAP EPS included a net unrealized loss of $0.07 on strategic investments, and an approximate $0.22 of negative impact from taxes primarily related to the acquisition of Honey. • In the first quarter of 2020, GAAP and non-GAAP EPS included $0.17 of negative impact from increased credit loss reserves due to macroeconomic projections. • Estimated non-GAAP amounts for the three months ending March 31, 2021 reflect adjustments of approximately $590 million, including estimated stock-based compensation expense and related payroll taxes of approximately $440 million.
- FY’21 Revenue and Earnings Guidance PayPal expects TPV to grow in the high 20’s on a percentage basis. • PayPal expects revenue to grow ~19% at current spot rates and ~17% on an FXN basis, to approximately ~$25.5 billion. • PayPal expects GAAP earnings per diluted share to be ~$3.20, compared to $3.54 in FY’20, and for non-GAAP earnings per diluted share to grow ~17%. • In 2020, GAAP earnings per diluted share included approximately $1.24 of net gains on strategic investments. • Estimated non-GAAP amounts for the twelve months ending December 31, 2021 reflect adjustments of approximately $2.17 billion, including estimated stock-based compensation expense and related payroll taxes of approximately $1.62 billion.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on PayPal (PYPL) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NVIDIA (NVDA) Says Q1 Revenue Tracking Above Outlook
- Bally's Corporation (BALY) Announces Preliminary Q1 Results; Provides Business Update
- PerkinElmer (PKI) anticipates reported and organic revenue growth of 98% and 90%, respectively, for Q1
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!