Micron Technology (MU) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c, Q2 EPS Guidance Misses Consensus
- S&P 500 hits 2023 closing high as Powell strengthens peak rate bets
- Santa will continue to deliver - Stock Trader's Almanac
- 5 Tesla analysts weigh in as Tesla stock lags after Cybertruck updates
- Shares climb, dollar falls with Fed comments inspiring dovish bets
- Ulta Beauty lifts guidance after Q3 results beat estimates
Micron Technology (NASDAQ: MU) reported Q1 EPS of $0.48, $0.01 better than the analyst estimate of $0.47. Revenue for the quarter came in at $5.14 billion versus the consensus estimate of $5.01 billion.
"Micron posted solid first quarter results, delivering good profitability and positive free cash flow. With our strong execution and improving industry conditions, we are optimistic that Micron's fiscal second quarter will be the cyclical bottom for our financial performance," said Micron Technology President and CEO Sanjay Mehrotra. "Our significantly improved competitive position, dramatically stronger product portfolio, structurally higher profitability and investment-grade balance sheet position Micron very well to drive long-term shareholder value."
Micron Technology sees Q2 2020 EPS of $0.35 at mid-point, versus the consensus of $0.41. Micron Technology sees Q2 2020 revenue of $4.5-4.8 billion, versus the consensus of $4.78 billion.
|FQ2-20||GAAP (1) Outlook||Non-GAAP (2) Outlook|
|Revenue||$4.5 billion - $4.8 billion||$4.5 billion - $4.8 billion|
|Gross margin||26% ± 1.5%||27% ± 1.5%|
|Operating expenses||$878 million ± $25 million||$825 million ± $25 million|
|Interest (income) expense, net||$5 million||$0 million|
|Diluted earnings per share||$0.25 ± $0.06||$0.35 ± $0.06|
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Micron Technology (MU) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ulta Beauty (ULTA) Tops Q3 EPS by 8c, Offers Guidance
- UiPath stock jumps 14% after 'solid' results
- Elastic N.V. (ESTC) Tops Q2 EPS by 13c; offers guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!