Merck & Co., Inc. (MRK) Tops Q1 EPS by 9c; Affirms Outlook
- S&P 500, Dow end at record highs as weak jobs data eases rate worries
- U.S. Added Only 266,000 Jobs in April, Well Below Estimates
- Roku (ROKU) Surges After Crushing Profit Estimates to Prompt an Upgrade to 'Buy' at Loop Capital
- Dollar broadly weaker after U.S. jobs data disappoint
- Square (SQ) Tops Q1 EPS by 25c
Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE: MRK) reported Q1 EPS of $0.88, $0.09 better than the analyst estimate of $0.79. Revenue for the quarter came in at $10.3 billion versus the consensus estimate of $10.44 billion.
- Interim Phase 2 data for MK-5172/MK-8742, an investigational oral combination regimen for treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV), presented at the 2014 Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of the Liver, showed sustained viral response in hard-to-cure and treatment-naïve, non-cirrhotic patients.
- Interim Phase 2b data on doravirine (MK-1439), an investigational treatment for HIV, presented at the 21st Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, demonstrated potent antiretroviral activity in treatment-naïve HIV-1 infected adults in combination with tenofovir/emtricitabine after 24 weeks of therapy; a Phase 3 clinical program is planned to begin in the second half of 2014.
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved GRASTEK (Timothy Grass Pollen Allergen Extract) and RAGWITEK (Short Ragweed Pollen Allergen Extract), the company’s sublingual allergen extract immunotherapy tablets.
- The FDA accepted a Biologics License Application for V503, a 9-valent HPV vaccine candidate, in February.
- The FDA accepted the resubmission of a New Drug Application for suvorexant for insomnia in April.
- The European Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use issued a positive opinion for vintafolide in patients with platinum-resistant ovarian cancer.
Merck & Co., Inc. reaffirmed FY2014 guidance.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Merck & Co., Inc. (MRK) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Expedia (EXPE) Flies Higher After Topping Analysts' Estimates, Analysts Raise Numbers and PT on 'Significant Outperformance'
- Mirati Therapeutics (MRTX) PT Lowered to $209 at JPMorgan, Following Earnings
- Tupperware Brands (TUP) Upgraded to 'Buy' at Citi on Encouraging Turnaround Progress, Shares Gain
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, FDA, Hot Corp. News, Hot Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!