Lennar Corp Reports Q3 Beat, Provides Guidance
- Wall St posts third straight quarterly loss as inflation weighs, recession looms
- Intel's Autonomous Unit Mobileye Files U.S. IPO, Defying Weak Market Conditions
- Nike (NKE) Drops 9% as Inventory Surges 44%, Analysts See Attractive Valuation
- Hollywood Super Agent Attempts to Open Door for Twitter-Musk Settlement - Bloomberg
- Dollar up on euro as quarter ends, commodity led currencies sink
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Lennar Corp. (NYSE: LEN) reported its Q3 results, with EPS of $5.18 coming in better than the consensus estimate of $4.86. Revenue grew 29% year-over-year to $8.9 billion, compared to the consensus estimate of $8.97 billion.
Deliveries grew 13% year-over-year to 17,248 homes. New orders decreased 12% to 14,366 homes, with new orders dollar value down 11% to $6.7 billion.
"While our new orders declined 12% compared to last year's third quarter, we continued to maintain a consistent starts pace and drive sales by adjusting pricing and incentives. Sales have clearly been impacted by rising interest rates, but there remains a significant national shortage of housing, especially workforce housing, and demand remains strong as we navigate the rebalance between price and interest rates," said Stuart Miller, Executive Chairman of Lennar.
The company provided its Q4 guidance, expecting New Orders in the range of 14,000 - 15,500 and Deliveries in the range of 20,000 - 21,000.
By Davit Kirakosyan
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Micron Gains Despite a Big Guidance Miss, One Analyst Upgrades While Another Assigns a New Street Low PT
- CarMax (KMX) Drops 15% After a 'Horrendous' Earnings Report
- Micron Technology (MU) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c, Guidance Misses
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot List
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!