Kroger (KR) Misses Q4 EPS by 4c, FY19 EPS Guidance Misses
- S&P 500, Dow hit fresh yearly highs ahead of inflation data, Fed policy
- Cigna rallies 12% after ending Humana deal talks, approving new $10B buyback
- Macy's (M) stock surges 20% on $5.8 billion buyout offer
- Citi goes against consensus ahead of 'pivotal' Fed meeting
- Wall Street subdued, gold slides ahead of CPI, Fed
Kroger (NYSE: KR) reported Q4 EPS of $0.48, $0.04 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.52. Revenue for the quarter came in at $28.09 billion versus the consensus estimate of $28.38 billion.
Kroger sees FY2019 EPS of $2.15-$2.25, versus the consensus of $2.26.
- Kroger is targeting identical sales growth, excluding fuel, to range from 2.0% to 2.25% in 2019.
- The company expects net earnings to range from $2.15 to $2.25 per diluted share and FIFO operating profit to range from $2.9 to $3.0 billion for 2019.
- The company expects capital investments, excluding mergers, acquisitions, and purchases of leased facilities, to range between $3.0 and $3.2 billion in 2019.
- Kroger expects its 2019 tax rate to be approximately 22%.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Kroger (KR) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sprinklr (CXM) sinks 25% as analyst says early 2025 outlook points to 'major deceleration'
- AECOM (ACM) Affirms Commitment to Value Creation
- Midday movers: Lululemon, Paramount and more
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!