Keysight Technologies (KEYS) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c, Miss on Revenues; Offers 4Q EPS/Revenue Outlook
- Wall Street ends mixed after punishing week
- '3600 is the New Bull Case': Outflows from Energy and Materials Highest in Several Years - BofA
- Dollar catches a break after bruising week as investors turn risk averse
- Apple (AAPL) is a 'Compelling Name To Own' Right Now, iPhone Sales Trending Ahead of Guidance - Wedbush's Ives
- Deere (DE) Falls on Sales Miss, JPMorgan Sees 'Aggressive' Guidance and Downside Risk
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Keysight Technologies (NYSE: KEYS) reported Q3 EPS of $0.61, $0.01 better than the analyst estimate of $0.60. Revenue for the quarter came in at $832 million versus the consensus estimate of $853.54 million.
Fourth Quarter Outlook
Keysight provides guidance based on current market conditions and expectations.
Keysight’s fourth quarter 2017 GAAP revenue is expected to be in the range of $850 million to $880 million and non-GAAP revenue is expected to be in the range of $875 million to $905 million. Fourth quarter non-GAAPearnings per share are expected to be in the range of $0.59 to $0.69. Non-GAAP earnings per share as projected for the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2017 exclude items that pertain to future events and are not currently estimable with a reasonable degree of accuracy. Therefore, no reconciliation to GAAP amounts has been provided. Further information is discussed in the section titled “Non-GAAP Measures” below.
Keysight Technologies sees Q4 2017 EPS of $0.59-$0.69, versus the consensus of $0.65. Keysight Technologies sees Q4 2017 revenue of $875-905 million, versus the consensus of $892.42 million.
Third Quarter Financial Summary
- GAAP revenue grew 16 percent to reach $832 million, when compared with $715 million last year. Non-GAAP revenue, which excludes the impact of fair value adjustment to acquisition-related deferred revenuebalances, grew 20 percent to reach $863 million, when compared with $718 million in the third quarter of 2016. Non-GAAP core revenue, which excludes the impact of currency and revenue from acquisitions completed within the last twelve months, grew 4 percent year-over-year.
- GAAP operating margin was -0.4 percent, compared with 15 percent in the third quarter of 2016. Non-GAAP operating margin was 19 percent, compared with 20 percent in the third quarter of 2016.
- GAAP net loss was $18 million, or a loss of $0.10 per share, compared with net income of $91 million, or $0.53 per share in the third quarter of 2016. Non-GAAP net income was $115 million, or $0.61 per share, compared with $108 million, or $0.63 per share in the third quarter of 2016.
- As of July 31, 2017, cash and cash equivalents totaled $873 million.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Keysight Technologies (KEYS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Foot Locker (FL) Pops on Beat-and-raise and Positive Commentary, Results Will Help Improve Stock Sentiment Says UBS
- Flowers Foods (FLO) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c; Offers FY22 Guidance
- Deckers (DECK) Shares Gain as Revenue Easily Tops Estimates, Analysts Positive
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance, Management Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!