Keysight Technologies (KEYS) Tops Q1 EPS by 12c, Beats on Revenues; Offers 1H18 EPS/Revenues Guidance
- Wall Street ends mixed after punishing week
- '3600 is the New Bull Case': Outflows from Energy and Materials Highest in Several Years - BofA
- Dollar catches a break after bruising week as investors turn risk averse
- Apple (AAPL) is a 'Compelling Name To Own' Right Now, iPhone Sales Trending Ahead of Guidance - Wedbush's Ives
- Deere (DE) Falls on Sales Miss, JPMorgan Sees 'Aggressive' Guidance and Downside Risk
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Note: EPS may not be comparable
Keysight Technologies (NYSE: KEYS) reported Q1 EPS of $0.51, $0.12 better than the analyst estimate of $0.39. Revenue for the quarter came in at $856 million versus the consensus estimate of $801.84 million.
First Quarter Financial Summary
- GAAP revenue grew 15 percent to reach $837 million, when compared with $726 million last year. Non-GAAP revenue, which excludes the impact of fair value adjustment to acquisition-related deferred revenue balances, grew 18 percent to reach $856 million. Non-GAAP core revenue decreased 2 percent, reflecting the disruption in production from the Northern California wildfires.
- GAAP net income was $94 million, or $0.50 per share, compared with $109 million, or $0.63 per share in the first quarter of 2017. Non-GAAP net income was $97 million, or $0.51 per share using 189 million weighted average shares, compared with $98 million, or $0.57 per share using 173 million weighted average shares in the first quarter of 2017.
- As of Jan. 31, 2018, cash and cash equivalents totaled $980 million.
Keysight provides guidance based on current market conditions and expectations and is raising its guidance for the first half of 2018.
Keysight’s first half of 2018 GAAP revenue is expected to be in the range of $1,777 million to $1,807 million and non-GAAP revenue for the first half of 2018 is expected to be in the range of $1,805 million to $1,835 million. The midpoint of this first half 2018 guidance implies second quarter 2018 GAAP revenue of $955 million and non-GAAP revenue of $964 million.
Non-GAAP earnings per share for the first half of 2018 are expected to be in the range of $1.27 to $1.37 and, at the midpoint, imply second-quarter non-GAAP earnings per share of approximately $0.81. Given the new U.S. tax law under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, Keysight estimates that its annual non-GAAP tax rate will decrease by 200 basis points to 15 percent. Non-GAAP earnings per share as projected for the first half and second quarter of fiscal year 2018 and the estimated annual non-GAAP tax rate exclude items that pertain to future events and are not currently estimable with a reasonable degree of accuracy. Therefore, no reconciliation to GAAP amounts has been provided. Further information is discussed in the section titled “Non-GAAP Measures” below.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Keysight Technologies (KEYS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Foot Locker (FL) Pops on Beat-and-raise and Positive Commentary, Results Will Help Improve Stock Sentiment Says UBS
- They Did It Again: Palo Alto (PANW) Delivers Another Robust Quarter, Analysts Bulled-up
- Ross Stores (ROST) Collapses 28% After Cutting Guidance, Analyst Says It May Take a Few Quarters Before Shares Can Recover
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!