Intel (INTC) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; Q4 Revenue Guidance Comes in Slightly Below Views
- S&P 500 hits 2023 closing high as Powell strengthens peak rate bets
- Santa will continue to deliver - Stock Trader's Almanac
- 5 Tesla analysts weigh in as Tesla stock lags after Cybertruck updates
- Shares climb, dollar falls with Fed comments inspiring dovish bets
- Ulta Beauty lifts guidance after Q3 results beat estimates
(Updated - October 13, 2015 4:05 PM EDT)
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) reported Q3 EPS of $0.64, $0.05 better than the analyst estimate of $0.59. Revenue for the quarter came in at $14.5 billion versus the consensus estimate of $14.22 billion.
“We executed well in the third quarter and delivered solid results in a challenging economic environment,” said Brian Krzanich, Intel CEO. “The quarter demonstrates Intel innovation in action. Customers are excited about our new 6th Gen Intel Core processor, and we introduced our breakthrough 3D XPoint™ technology, the industry’s first new memory category in more than two decades."
Q3 Key Business Unit Trends
- Client Computing Group revenue of $8.5 billion, up 13 percent sequentially and down 7 percent year-over-year
- Data Center Group revenue of $4.1 billion, up 8 percent sequentially and up 12 percent year-overyear
- Internet of Things Group revenue of $581 million, up 4 percent sequentially and up 10 percent year-over-year
- Software and services operating segments revenue of $556 million, up 4 percent sequentially and flat year-over-year
- Revenue: $14.8 billion, plus or minus $500 million.
- Gross margin percentage: 62 percent, plus or minus a couple of percentage points.
- R&D plus MG&A spending: approximately $5.0 billion.
- Restructuring charges: approximately $25 million.
- Amortization of acquisition-related intangibles: approximately $70 million.
- Impact of equity investments and interest and other: approximately zero.
- Depreciation: approximately $1.9 billion.
- Tax rate: approximately 25 percent.
- Full-year capital spending: $7.3 billion, plus or minus $500 million.
(Street sees Q4 EPS of $0.60 on revenue of $14.83 billion)
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Intel (INTC) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Morgan Stanley says PagerDuty stock is 'too cheap to ignore'; Shares gain after earnings
- Ambarella (AMBA) gains on earnings beat, revenue growth not expected until fiscal 2025
- Pure Storage plunges 17% on soft outlook; Analysts see further multiple compression
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!