Hasbro (HAS) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- Wall St ends higher as Yellen vows actions to safeguard deposits
- Wall Street digests Powell's comments on banks, rate cuts and inflation
- PacWest says it would not be 'prudent' to go ahead with capital raise; Analyst optimistic
- Block (SQ) shares plunge after Hindenburg claims it misleads investors with 'inflated metrics'
- Coinbase Wells Notice: Oppenheimer cuts; Mizuho says a third of revenue could be affected
Get Alerts HAS Hot Sheet
EPS Growth %: -78.9%
Amortization of intangibles: 8.69M
Today's EPS Names:
GUKYF, OPFI, AGAE, More
Join SI Premium – FREE
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) reported Q1 EPS of $0.14, $0.05 better than the analyst estimate of $0.09. Revenue for the quarter came in at $713.5 million versus the consensus estimate of $666.01 million.
"2015 is off to a good start with continued momentum in our business, led by growth in all of our Franchise Brands and the underlying strength in demand across international markets, including the emerging markets," said Brian Goldner, Hasbro’s President and Chief Executive Officer. "For the first quarter, we grew revenue, improved profitability and delivered growth in adjusted net earnings despite significant foreign exchange headwinds. While the first quarter is the least significant quarter of the year, the global Hasbro team delivered a strong start to the year."
"Our first quarter results highlighted the strength of our brands, our global reach and our balance sheet,” said Deborah Thomas, Hasbro’s Chief Financial Officer. “Foreign exchange did negatively impact both revenues and earnings in the quarter; however, several factors helped mitigate the negative impact to profitability. These included the continued momentum in our Franchise Brands, the benefit of favorable foreign exchange product cost hedges and a larger contribution of higher-margin Entertainment and Licensing revenues. Our first quarter results keep us on track to achieve our previously stated targets."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Hasbro (HAS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Celyad Oncology SA (CYAD) Reports FY22, Provides Recent Business Highlights
- Direct Digital Holdings (DRCT) Misses Q4 EPS by 9c; Offers Guidance
- Heron Therapeutics (HRTX) Tops Q4 EPS by 15c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!