Groupon (GRPN) Reports In-Line Q2 EPS of 1c; Guides Q3 EPS Below Views
- Inflation angst bruises world stocks
- Bitcoin Falls as Musk Says Tesla (TSLA) Will Suspend Vehicle Purchases Using Bitcoin, Citing Use of Fossil Fuels in Mining
- Dollar holds gains after inflation surprise; Bitcoin partly recovers
- Silvergate Capital (SI) to be the Exclusive Issuer of U.S. Dollar Backed Stablecoins by Diem (FB)
- Cathie Wood's ARK Adds Another 2.1M Shares of Palantir (PLTR) on Wednesday
(Updated - August 5, 2014 4:08 PM EDT)
Groupon (Nasdaq: GRPN) reported Q2 EPS of $0.01, in-line with the analyst estimate of $0.01. Revs were $751.6 million, versus expectations of $761.8 million.
Gross billings, which reflect the total dollar value of customer purchases of goods and services, excluding applicable taxes and net of estimated refunds, increased 29% globally to $1.82 billion in the second quarter 2014, compared with $1.41 billion in the second quarter 2013. North America billings increased 12%, EMEA was approximately flat and Rest of World increased 145%, driven by the first-quarter acquisition of Ticket Monster.
For the third quarter 2014, the Company expects revenue of between $720 million and $770 million, Adjusted EBITDA of between $50 million and $70 million, and non-GAAP earnings per share excluding stock compensation, amortization of acquired intangible assets, and acquisition-related expenses, net of tax, of between $0.00 and $0.02.
*** The Street sees Q3 revs of $760.6 million and EPS of $0.03.
Groupon has revised its full year outlook, and now expects Adjusted EBITDA to exceed $270 million. Although the Company has the opportunity to reduce marketing spend over the remainder of the year to achieve a higher target, given recent returns on those investments, it believes it is important to maintain flexibility for investment in long-term growth.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Groupon (GRPN) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Alexco Resource (AXU) Reports Q1 EPS of Cdn$0.01
- Utz Brands (UTZ) Misses Q1 EPS by 1c, Revenues Miss
- Synlogic (SYBX) Reports Q1 Loss of $0.36/sh
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot Corp. News, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!