Groupon (GRPN) Misses Q2 EPS by 1c, Revenues Miss; Affirms FY18 Adj. EBITDA Outlook
- Inflation angst bruises world stocks
- Bitcoin Falls as Musk Says Tesla (TSLA) Will Suspend Vehicle Purchases Using Bitcoin, Citing Use of Fossil Fuels in Mining
- Dollar holds gains after inflation surprise; Bitcoin partly recovers
- Silvergate Capital (SI) to be the Exclusive Issuer of U.S. Dollar Backed Stablecoins by Diem (FB)
- Cathie Wood's ARK Adds Another 2.1M Shares of Palantir (PLTR) on Wednesday
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Groupon (NASDAQ: GRPN) reported Q2 EPS of $0.02, $0.01 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.03. Revenue for the quarter came in at $617.4 million versus the consensus estimate of $632.46 million.
- Gross profit of $323.7 million
- Net loss from continuing operations of $92.3 million
- Adjusted EBITDA of $56.2 million
- GAAP loss per diluted share of $0.17; non-GAAP earnings per diluted share of $0.02
- Operating cash flow of $212.4 million for the trailing twelve month period; Free cash flow of $145.2 million for the trailing twelve month period
- 2018 Adjusted EBITDA guidance of $280 million to $290 million reiterated
"In the second quarter, we continued our progress and invested in the key things necessary to make Groupon the daily habit in local commerce," said CEO Rich Williams. "With strong Adjusted EBITDA and free cash flow, as well as improvement in International and continued operational efficiency, we enter the second half of 2018 well positioned for success."
For the full year 2018, Groupon continues to expect Adjusted EBITDA to be between $280 million and $290 million. Excluding any amounts that might be paid related to the IBM litigation, Groupon anticipates generating free cash flow of approximately $200 million.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Groupon (GRPN) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- National Vision (EYE) Tops Q1 EPS by 17c, Revenues Beat; Raises FY21 EPS/Revenues Guidance Above Consensus
- Zepp Health Corporation (ZEPP) Reports Q1 Loss of $0.07/sh
- Dawson Geophysical (DWSN) Reports Q1 Loss of $0.22, Revenues Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!