Goldman Sachs (GS) Misses Q1 EPS by 16c; Raises Qtr Dividend to $0.75/Sh
- Wall St subdued as traders watch for policy cues from Fed speakers
- Barclays raises 2024 S&P 500 price target but warns stocks are 'moving too far, too fast'
- Stocks hold firm as dollar dithers ahead of US data
- Micron (MU) raises forecast on improved supply/demand balance and pricing
- There is a 'significant shift in sentiment' on Boeing stock says RBC and upgrades to buy
Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS) reported Q1 EPS of $5.15, $0.16 worse than the analyst estimate of $5.31. Revenue for the quarter came in at $8.03 billion versus the consensus estimate of $8.45 billion.
- Goldman Sachs ranked first in worldwide announced mergers and acquisitions for the year-to-date
- The firm also ranked first in worldwide equity and equity-related offerings and common stock offerings for the year-to-date.
- Investing & Lending generated net revenues of $666 million from debt securities and loans, its highest quarterly performance in nearly four years.
- Book value per common share increased by 1.4% during the quarter to $184.98.
- The firm maintained strong capital ratios and liquidity. The firm’s Common Equity Tier 1 ratio as calculated in accordance with the Standardized approach and the Basel III Advanced approach was 14.2% and 12.9%, respectively, and the firm’s global core liquid assets were $222 billion as of March 31, 2017.
“The operating environment was mixed, with client activity challenged in certain market-making businesses and a more attractive backdrop for underwriting in our investment banking franchise,” said Lloyd C. Blankfein, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “As the economy improves, we are wellpositioned to not only meet our clients’ diverse needs, but also to generate operating leverage for our shareholders.”
On April 17, 2017, the Board of Directors of The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (Board) increased the firm’s quarterly dividend to $0.75 per common share from $0.65 per common share. The dividend will be paid on June 29, 2017 to common shareholders of record on June 1, 2017.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Goldman Sachs (GS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Zscaler shares slip following conservative annual billings guidance
- Seadrill Ltd. (SDRL) Tops Q3 EPS by 25c; offers guidance
- LightInTheBox Holding (LITB) Reports Q3 EPS of $0.00 ; Offers Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Management Comments
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Dividend, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!