Gentherm (THRM) Misses Q1 EPS by 11c, Miss on Revenues; 'Full Year Guidance Reaffirmed'
- Dow, S&P post worst week in months after hawkish Fed spooks investors
- Fed-fueled dollar rises as bears make for exits
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Fed Statement Very Bullish for Tech Stocks, Focus on Cloud and Cyber Stocks - Wedbush
- You Fight Real Physical Inflation With Rate Hikes, Not Talk of Rate Hikes; Buy the Dip in Commodities, Gold Underpriced - Goldman Sachs
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Gentherm (NASDAQ: THRM) reported Q1 EPS of $0.50, $0.11 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.61. Revenue for the quarter came in at $261.9 million versus the consensus estimate of $267.5 million.
First Quarter Key Takeaways
- Product revenues of $261.9 million increased 5.1% from $249.3 million in the first quarter of 2017
- Added $15.2 million in revenue associated with acquisition of Etratech; on a pro-forma basis, Etratech grew 20% from the comparable prior-year period
- Earnings per share was $0.35 as compared to $0.69 for the prior period
- Adjusted earnings per share, excluding unrealized currency losses, expenses and other impacts related to acquisitions (see table herein), was $0.50. Adjusted earnings per share in the prior-year period was $0.77
- Secured record automotive new business awards totaling $375 million in the quarter, of which 50% represents CCS™
- Market introduction of the industry’s first thermoelectric-based battery thermal management solution on 48-volt Mercedes S-500 EQ-Boost
- Full-year financial guidance reaffirmed
The Company reaffirms the guidance initially provided on its year-end 2017 earnings call on February 20, 2018:
- Product revenues is expected to grow between 8% and 10% to a range of $1.06 billion to $1.08 billion, reflecting 3% to 5% organic growth and the full-year contribution from Etratech, which was acquired in November 2017
- Gross margin rate is expected to be between 30% and 32%
- Adjusted EBITDA is expected to be approximately 15% of product revenues
- Capital expenditures are expected to be approximately $50 million
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Gentherm (THRM) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Kroger lifts annual forecasts as online grocery investments click
- U.S. Steel (X) Q2 EPS Guidance Tops Consensus
- L Brands (LB) Expert Call Offers 3 Reasons the Company Could Top 55% Sales Growth - UBS
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!