General Mills (GIS) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c
- Wall Street reverses, ends higher in late session rally
- IBM (IBM) Shares Up 6% Following Strong Q4 Results
- Kohl's (KSS) Shares Explode 30% as Takeover Battle Heats Up
- Cowen Sees Apple (AAPL) Likely to Bounce on Earnings, iPhone Upside and Flight to Quality
- FDA Limits Use of Two Monoclonal Antibodies For COVID-19 Treatment Due to the Omicron Variant
General Mills (NYSE: GIS) reported Q4 EPS of $0.75, $0.04 better than the analyst estimate of $0.71. Revenue for the quarter came in at $4.3 billion versus the consensus estimate of $4.53 billion.
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Ken Powell said, "General Mills fiscal 2015 operating performance was mixed. Our Convenience Stores & Foodservice segment recorded good sales growth, increased its operating profit margin, and delivered record profit results. Our International segment also achieved good margin expansion and profit growth in constant currency. However, sales and profit declined for U.S. Retail – our largest operating segment. We returned our U.S. yogurt business to growth, and our brands gained share in categories representing 65 percent of our U.S. Retail measured sales volume, but overall sales trends reflected the impact of changing consumer food preferences.
"Our actions to respond to evolving consumer food interests – including bolstering our natural and organic portfolio with the addition of Annie's – helped strengthen our business performance in the second half of the year," Powell continued. "This Consumer First product and marketing focus, combined with our significant productivity and cost-savings programs, positions General Mills to deliver stronger growth in 2016."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on General Mills (GIS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brown & Brown (BRO) Reports Q4 Revenue of $738.5M, Adjusted EPS of $0.42
- Zions Bancorp (ZION) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.34
- Customers Bancorp (CUBI) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c, Offers Outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!