First Midwest Bancorp Inc. (FMBI) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c
- Dow drops 1% after hawkish Bullard remarks
- Fed-fuelled dollar soars as bears make for exits
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Fed Statement Very Bullish for Tech Stocks, Focus on Cloud and Cyber Stocks - Wedbush
- You Fight Real Physical Inflation With Rate Hikes, Not Talk of Rate Hikes; Buy the Dip in Commodities, Gold Underpriced - Goldman Sachs
After the close, First Midwest Bancorp Inc. (NASDAQ: FMBI) reported Q3 EPS of $0.25, $0.01 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.26.
"It was a strategically dynamic quarter for us," said Michael L. Scudder, President and Chief Executive Officer of First Midwest Bancorp, Inc. "Operating performance was solid, reflecting strong top-line revenue growth and improved operating efficiency. Our performance benefited from both the successful completion of the Popular Community Bank branch acquisition and multi-year efforts to dispose of certain selected branch properties. These benefits in turn partially were offset by acquisition and integration related costs as well as the impact of a singular, anomalous corporate credit loss. At its core, the quarter reflected continued loan and fee growth, balanced business investment, and improved operating leverage."
Mr. Scudder continued, "Announced in July, our acquisition of Great Lakes Financial Resources, Inc. remains on track with regulatory approval from the Federal Reserve in hand and a planned closing before year end. Targeted acquisitions together with organic business investment have added to a talented group of colleagues providing greater product and operational depth, while enhancing an already strong core deposit foundation. These efforts leave us well positioned for future performance and growth."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on First Midwest Bancorp Inc. (FMBI) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Kroger lifts annual forecasts as online grocery investments click
- Ford (F) Gains as it Expects Adjusted Q2 Profit Ahead of Expectations
- Commercial Metals Company (CMC) PT Raised to $34 at BMO Capital
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!