Expedia (EXPE) Tops Q3 EPS by 19c
- Wall Street swoons on rising Treasury yields, growing inflation worries
- Micron (MU) Stock Falls Following Q4 Beat, But Guidance Miss
- Sherwin-Williams (SHW) Stock Falls on Q3, FY20 Warning
- Brent dips after topping $80 a barrel, highest since Oct 2018
- Ford (F) Stock Soars on $11.4 Billion EV Partnership with Battery Maker SK Innovation (SKOVF)
Expedia (NASDAQ: EXPE) reported Q3 EPS of $1.93, $0.19 better than the analyst estimate of $1.74. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.7 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.68 billion.
- Gross bookings growth of 29% and revenue growth of 22% were primarily driven by strong hotel room night and air ticket growth. Revenue growth was also driven by strength in advertising and media revenue which grew 29% to $141 million for the quarter.
- Room nights grew 24% year-over-year, driven by continued strong performance at Brand Expedia® and
- Hotels.com® with both domestic and international room nights increasing 24% year-over-year.
- The combination of healthy top-line growth and leverage on fixed costs led to Adjusted EBITDA* improving 20% and Adjusted EPS* improving 35% compared to the third quarter of 2013.
- Year to date, Expedia, Inc. repurchased 6.5 million shares of its common stock for approximately $492 million excluding transaction costs.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Expedia (EXPE) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Micron Technology (MU) Tops Q4 EPS by 10c, Q1 Guidance Misses
- SunLink Health (SSY) Announces Q4 and Annual Results and COVID-19 Update
- Concentrix Corporation (CNXC) Reports Q3 Results, Raises Guidance; Announces $0.25 Quarterly Dividend; Announced $500M Share Buyback
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!