Disney (DIS) Misses Q2 EPS by 28c, Revenue Beats, Disney+ Has 33.5M Subs.
- Nasdaq 100 futures hit record high ahead of business activity data
- Bitcoin (BTC) Recovers to $34,000 as Analysts Insists Crypto Winter Won't Repeat Again
- Cyclical currencies lead after dust settles on Fed
- Xpeng (XPEV) Leaps After Receiving a Green Light From Regulators to Raise Up To $2 Billion in Hong Kong IPO
- 'A Stampede for Clean Energy': Amazon (AMZN) Commits to Buy More Renewable Energy, Becomes the Top All-Time US Corporate Buyer
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Disney (NYSE: DIS) reported Q2 EPS of $0.60, $0.28 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.88. Revenue for the quarter came in at $18.01 billion versus the consensus estimate of $17.81 billion.
“While the COVID-19 pandemic has had an appreciable financial impact on a number of our businesses, we are confident in our ability to withstand this disruption and emerge from it in a strong position,” said Bob Chapek, Chief Executive Officer, The Walt Disney Company. “Disney has repeatedly shown that it is exceptionally resilient, bolstered by the quality of our storytelling and the strong affinity consumers have for our brands, which is evident in the extraordinary response to Disney+ since its launch last November.”
The following table presents the number of paid subscribers(1) (in millions) for Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu as of:
Live TV + SVOD
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Disney (DIS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Best Solar Stocks to Invest in 2021? Wall Street Weighs In
- Sally Beauty (SBH) Gains After Being Upgraded at Both Cowen and Oppenheimer to 'Outperform' as Recent Pullback Creates Attractive Entry Point
- Marriott Vacations Worldwide (VAC) Raises Q2 Revenue Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot Earnings
Related EntitiesHulu, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!