Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Beat Q1 Revenues, Guides Q2 Revenues Above the Street
- Futures rise ahead of weekly jobless claims data
- Moderna (MRNA) Tops Q2 Street Estimates, Nabs $4.2 Billion from 199 Million Sold Vaccines That Yielded 93% Efficacy Through Six Months
- Oil rises on Mideast tensions but virus concerns weigh
- Roku (ROKU) Falls Sharply on Significant Slowdown in Streaming Views, Analysts Divided
- Dollar holds gains after Fed comments, sterling ticks up after BoE
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Dave & Buster's Entertainment (NASDAQ: PLAY) reported Q1 EPS of ($0.40), which may not compare to the analyst estimate of ($0.16). Revenue for the quarter came in at $265.3 million versus the consensus estimate of $257.98 million.
The Company began the first quarter with 107 open stores, or approximately 76 percent of its total store base. As of May 2, the Company had 138 open stores, including its New York and California stores which reopened in March and April. The Company also opened one new store during the quarter, bringing its total store count to 141. Most stores open during the quarter operated under reduced hours and capacity limitations for at least a portion of the period, as dictated by each jurisdiction. Comparable results for the first quarter of 2020 were severely impacted by the closure of all stores as of March 20, 2020 as an initial response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Dave & Buster's Entertainment sees Q2 2021 revenue of $335-350 million, versus the consensus of $287.4 million.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- RBC Bearings (ROLL) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c, Offers Q2 Guidance
- Kellogg (K) Tops Q2 EPS by 11c
- Revlon (REV) Misses Q2 EPS by 18c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!