Constellation Brands (STZ) Tops Q2 EPS by 27c, Revenues Beat; Boosts FY19 EPS Above Consensus
- Pre-Fed jitters keep S&P 500, Nasdaq below record highs
- Oracle (ORCL) Tops Profit and Sales Views But Stock Falls on Guidance Miss, Analysts Still Raise PTs
- General Motors (GM) to Boost EV and AV Investments to $35 Billion Through 2025
- Oil nears $75 as demand rises, U.S. refiners boost output
- Roblox (RBLX) Lower as DAUs Fall Sequentially
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Constellation Brands (NYSE: STZ) reported Q2 EPS of $2.87, $0.27 better than the analyst estimate of $2.60. Revenue for the quarter came in at $2.3 billion versus the consensus estimate of $2.25 billion.
- Increases fiscal 2019 reported basis EPS outlook to $14.10 - $14.25 and comparable basis EPS outlook to $9.60 - $9.75; excludes impact of the pending additional investment in Canopy Growth Corporation
- Achieves reported basis EPS of $5.87 and comparable basis EPS of $2.87, an increase of 136% and 16%, respectively
- Reported basis results reflect $639 million unrealized gain for an increase in fair value of the initial investment in Canopy Growth Corporation; $1.3 billion unrealized gain has been recognized since investment in November 2017
- Generates $1.3 billion of operating cash flow and $968 million of free cash flow, an increase of 21% and 62%, respectively
- Affirms fiscal 2019 operating cash flow target of approximately $2.45 billion and free cash flow projection of $1.2 - $1.3 billion
- Plans additional $4 billion investment in Canopy Growth Corporation; transaction expected to close at the end of October
- Repurchases 1.9 million shares of common stock for $404 million for the second quarter; 2.4 million shares for $504 million for the first half fiscal 2019
Constellation Brands sees FY2019 EPS of $9.60-$9.75, versus the consensus of $9.32.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Constellation Brands (STZ) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- 'Don't Buy a Ticket on This Hinderburng Thesis': Impact on DraftKings (DKNG) is 'Limited' as Opportunity is Around its US DraftKings Business, Analysts Say
- La-Z-Boy (LZB) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, Revenue Beats
- Optical Cable Corp. (OCC) Reports Q2 EPS of $0.45
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!