ConAgra Brands (CAG) Tops Q2 EPS by 6c, Updates FY Guidance
- Dow ends at record high, Nasdaq falls as tech slides
- Trump's Facebook (FB) Ban Upheld, Oversight Board Asks Company to Come Up With a 'Proportionate Response' Going Forward
- PayPal (PYPL) Tops Q1 EPS by 21c, Offers Q2 and FY Guidance
- Peloton (PTON) Plunges After Recalling All Treadmills, Analyst Says Will Negatively Impact Broader Tread Rollout
- T-Mobile (TMUS) Gains After Topping Q1 Consensus as 5G Story Accelerates, 'More to Come' Says Analyst
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
ConAgra Brands (NYSE: CAG) reported Q2 EPS of $0.63, $0.06 better than the analyst estimate of $0.57. Revenue for the quarter came in at $2.82 billion versus the consensus estimate of $2.8 billion.
ConAgra Brands sees FY2020 EPS of $2.07-$2.17, versus the consensus of $2.09.
The Company is updating its fiscal 2020 guidance primarily to reflect the divestiture of the DSD snacks business and the exit of its private label peanut butter business, the process of which began subsequent to the quarter close. The updated guidance includes the expected results from the Lender's business for the full fiscal year.
Note that organic net sales growth continues to exclude the impact of fiscal 2020's 53rd week. All other metrics continue to include the impact of the 53rd week.
Prior Fiscal 2020 Guidance
Updated Fiscal 2020 Guidance
Organic Net Sales Growth
+1.0% to +1.5%
+1.0% to +1.5%
Reported Net Sales Growth
+13.5% to +14.0%
+12.4% to +12.9%
Adj. Op. Margin
16.2% to 16.8 %
16.2% to 16.8%
Adj. Net Interest Expense
Slightly below $505 million
Adj. Effective Tax Rate
24% to 25%
Avg. Diluted Shares
Adj. Diluted EPS from cont. ops.
$2.08 to $2.18
$2.07 to $2.17
Free Cash Flow
Slightly below $1 billion
The inability to predict the amount and timing of the impacts of foreign exchange, acquisitions, divestitures, and other items impacting comparability makes a detailed reconciliation of these forward-looking non-GAAP financial measures impracticable. Please see the end of this release for more information.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on ConAgra Brands (CAG) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rent-A-Center (RCII) Tops Q1 EPS by 21c, Revenues Beat; Raises FY21 Revenues Guidance Above Consensus, FY21 EPS Mid-Point Views Above Consensus
- Taseko Mines (TGB) Misses Q1 EPS by 2c
- PREIT (PEI) Reports Q1 Loss of $0.64, Revenues Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!