Coinbase (COIN) Reports Insane Growth Ahead of Direct Listing IPO
- Wall Street rebounds after two-day decline; Netflix slides
- Netflix (NFLX) Plunges Following Q1 Sub Miss, But One Analyst Sees Chance to Turn Bullish
- Oil prices drop 2% on U.S. crude build, COVID-19 surge in India
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Q1 Beat Prompts Two Street Upgrades
- U.S. dollar losses bounce after Canada tips toward higher rates
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Into its NASDAQ direct listing IPO, cryptocurrency broker Coinbase Global, Inc. (pending ticker: COIN) issued some impressive first-quarter numbers.
- Coinbase announced that it now has 56 million verified users at March 31, 2021, up from 43 million at the end of 2020.
- The company had Monthly Transacting Users (MTUs) of 6.1 million, up from 2.8 million at the end of 2020.
- Trading volume was $335 billion in the quarter, which was more than the $193.1 billion for ALL of 2020.
- Total Revenue was approximately $1.8 billion during the quarter, which is more than the $1.28 billion reported for ALL of 2020 and up 944% from the first quarter of 2020.
- Net Income was approximately $730 million to $800 million, more than double the $322.3 million in ALL of 2020.
- Adjusted EBITDA was approximately $1.1 billion, more than double the $527.35 million in ALL of 2020.
The direct listing IPO is expected on April 14.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Deutsche Boerse to Remove Coinbase (COIN) From Frankfurt Trading - Bloomberg
- Coinbase (COIN) May call option implied volatility at 65
- Valmont Industries (VMI) Tops Q1 EPS by 45c, Revenues Beat; Offers 2Q Revenues Outlook Above Consensus, FY21 EPS Mid-Point View Below Consensus
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, IPOs, Private Company News, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!