Boston Beer Co. (SAM) Tops Q1 EPS by $2.65, Revenue Beats, Offers Guidance
- S&P 500 flat as telecom weakness offsets strong retail earnings
- Walmart (WMT) Gains After Crushing Estimates, Analysts Bulled Up on 'Strong Q1 Results'
- Home Depot (HD) Leaps After Topping Q1 Estimates, Analyst Positive
- Tesla (TSLA) Stuck as It Can't Deliver 10,000+ Cars From Its Fremont Factory Amid Supply Chain Issues - Report
- Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) Now Almost Out of Wells Fargo (WFC), Invests Further into Verizon (VZ) and Kroger (KR), More Selling than Buying Says Analyst
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Boston Beer Co. (NYSE: SAM) reported Q1 EPS of $5.26, $2.65 better than the analyst estimate of $2.61. Revenue for the quarter came in at $545.1 million versus the consensus estimate of $477.28 million.
Boston Beer Co. sees FY2021 EPS of $22.00-$26.00, versus the consensus of $23.26.
- The Company currently projects full year 2021 Non-GAAP earnings per diluted share of between $22.00 and $26.00. This Non-GAAP projection excludes the impact of ASU 2016-09. The Company's actual 2021 earnings per share could vary significantly from the current projection. Underlying the Company's current 2021 projection are the following full-year estimates and targets:
- Depletions and shipments percentage increase between 40% and 50%.
- National price increases of between 1% and 3%, an increase from the previously communicated range of between 1% and 2%.
- Gross margin of between 45% and 47%.
- Increased investments in advertising, promotional and selling expenses of between $130 million and $150 million, an increase from the previously communicated range of between $120 million and $140 million. This does not include any changes in freight costs for the shipment of products to the Company's distributors.
- Non-GAAP effective tax rate of approximately 26.5%, excluding the impact of ASU 2016-09. This effective tax rate also excludes any potential future changes to current federal income tax rates and regulations.
- Estimated capital spending of between $250 million and $350 million, a decrease from the previously communicated range of between $300 million and $400 million.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: MYT Netherlands Parent B.V. (MYTE) Reports Q3 Revenues of EUR164.8M
- Northern Star Acquisition Corp (STIC) Reports Q4 Revenues of $112.2M
- Baidu (BIDU) Tops Q1 EPS by 23c, Revenues Beat; Offers 2Q Revenues Outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance
Related EntitiesRaising Prices, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!