Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c, Reaffirms Outlook
- Dow ends at record high, Nasdaq falls as tech slides
- Trump's Facebook (FB) Ban Upheld, Oversight Board Asks Company to Come Up With a 'Proportionate Response' Going Forward
- PayPal (PYPL) Tops Q1 EPS by 21c, Offers Q2 and FY Guidance
- Peloton (PTON) Plunges After Recalling All Treadmills, Analyst Says Will Negatively Impact Broader Tread Rollout
- T-Mobile (TMUS) Gains After Topping Q1 Consensus as 5G Story Accelerates, 'More to Come' Says Analyst
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ: BBBY) reported Q4 EPS of $0.40, $0.09 better than the analyst estimate of $0.31. Revenue for the quarter came in at $2.62 billion versus the consensus estimate of $2.63 billion.
- 3rd Consecutive Quarter of Comparable Sales Growth
- +4% Comp Sales growth on Total Enterprise, including digital comp growth of +86%
- +6% Comp Sales growth on Bed Bath & Beyond banner, including digital comp growth of +99%
- +12% Comp Sales growth in Bed Bath & Beyond's Top 5 destination categories combined
- Consistent Execution of Transformation Strategy Drives Earnings Growth
- 31.5% Gross Margin; Adjusted Gross Margin increases 20bps to 32.8%
- 13% increase in Adjusted EBITDA2 to $168 million; 160bps expansion in Adjusted EBITDA Margin2 to 6.4%
- $9 million of GAAP Net Income; Adjusted Net Income of $47 million
- $0.08 of Reported Net Earnings per Diluted Share; excluding special items, Adjusted Net Earnings per Diluted Share2 of $0.40
Fiscal 2021 Outlook:
- Year of Fast-Paced Transformation Expected to Enhance Strategic Position for Sustained Success
- Reaffirming fiscal 2021 outlook for Net Sales and Adjusted EBITDA of between $8.0 - $8.2 billion and between $500 - $525 million, respectively
- Expecting to launch at least 8 customer-inspired Owned Brands, including first quarter launches of Nestwell™, Haven™ and Simply Essential™
- Projecting faster improvement in gross debt-to-EBITDA ratio to
- Investing in growth and transformation with CAPEX spend of approximately $400 million
- Strengthening capital return to shareholders by increasing 3-year share repurchase authorization program to $1 billion from $825 million; increasing fiscal 2021 share repurchases to $325 million from $300 million
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Lannett (LCI) Misses Q3 EPS by 14c, Revenues Miss; Offers FY21 Revenues Outlook
- Forrester (FORR) Tops Q1 EPS by 27c; Guides Above Views
- Qualys (QLYS) Tops Q1 EPS by 6c, Revenues Beat; Offers 2Q & FY21 EPS/Revenues Guidance Above Consensus
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!