American Electric Power (AEP) Misses Q3 EPS by 6c, Miss on Revenues; Narrows FY17 EPS Guidance
- Wall Street falls with Amazon; S&P 500 posts sixth straight month of gains
- Amazon (AMZN) Plunges After Missing Sales and Guidance Expectations, Analysts Slash PTs to Reflect Weaker Guidance
- Pinterest (PINS) Tops Profit and Sales Views, But Shares Plunges Over 20% on a Big Monthly User Miss to Prompt Two Downgrades
- 'I'm CEO.' New Book Outlines Merger Conversations Between Elon Musk and Tim Cook
- Bullard: Fed should taper this fall, go "fairly rapidly" to end early 2022
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
American Electric Power (NYSE: AEP) reported Q3 EPS of $1.10, $0.06 worse than the analyst estimate of $1.16. Revenue for the quarter came in at $4.1 billion versus the consensus estimate of $4.38 billion.
Management narrowed its 2017 operating earnings guidance range to $3.55 to $3.68 per share. Operating earnings could differ from GAAP earnings for matters such as impairments, divestitures or changes in accounting principles. AEP management is not able to forecast if any of these items will occur or any amounts that may be reported for future periods. Therefore, AEP is not able to provide a corresponding GAAP equivalent for earnings guidance.
Reflecting special items recorded through the third quarter, the estimated earnings per share on a GAAP basis would be $3.80 to $3.93 per share. See the table below for a full reconciliation of 2017 earnings guidance.
American Electric Power sees FY2017 EPS of $3.55-$3.68, versus the consensus of $3.65.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on American Electric Power (AEP) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Marin Software (MRIN) Misses Q2 EPS by 23c
- Colgate-Palmolive (CL) Reports In-Line Q2 EPS
- Illinois Tool Works (ITW) Tops Q2 EPS by 41c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!