Altair Engineering (ALTR) Tops Q4 EPS by 12c, Beats on Revenues; Offers FY18 Revenue Outlook Above Consensus
- Dow drops 1% after hawkish Bullard remarks
- Fed-fuelled dollar forces rival currencies onto back foot
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Fed Statement Very Bullish for Tech Stocks, Focus on Cloud and Cyber Stocks - Wedbush
- You Fight Real Physical Inflation With Rate Hikes, Not Talk of Rate Hikes; Buy the Dip in Commodities, Gold Underpriced - Goldman Sachs
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Note: EPS may not be comparable
Altair Engineering (NASDAQ: ALTR) reported Q4 EPS of $0.18, $0.12 better than the analyst estimate of $0.06. Revenue for the quarter came in at $89.9 million versus the consensus estimate of $87.56 million.
Fourth Quarter 2017 Financial Highlights
- Software product revenue was $67.9 million, an increase of 11% from $61.1 million for the fourth quarter of 2016.
- Total revenue was $89.9 million, an increase of 8% compared to $82.8 million for the fourth quarter of 2016.
- Net loss was $(60.3) million, compared to net income of $5.9 million for the fourth quarter of 2016. The fourth quarter of 2017 included the impact of $8.0 million in non-cash stock-based compensation expenses as well as $56.6 million in tax expenses, substantially due to the recording of a valuation allowance on the U.S. deferred tax assets from the exercise and expected exercise of a significant number of non-qualified stock options, and to a lesser degree as a result of recent tax reform. Diluted net loss per share was $(1.03), based on 58.7 million diluted weighted average common shares outstanding, compared to diluted net income per share of $0.10 for the fourth quarter of 2016, based on 58.8 million diluted weighted average common shares outstanding.
- Adjusted EBITDA was $8.4 million, compared to $10.6 million for the fourth quarter of 2016. Adjusted EBITDA represents net (loss) income adjusted for income tax expense, interest expense, interest income and other, depreciation and amortization, stock-based compensation expense, restructuring charges, asset impairment charges and other special items as determined by management.
- Non-GAAP net income was $12.6 million, compared to $6.9 million for the fourth quarter of 2016. Non-GAAP net income per share was $0.18, based on 68.2 million diluted weighted average common shares outstanding, compared to $0.12 for the fourth quarter of 2016, based on 58.8 million diluted weighted average common shares outstanding. Non-GAAP net income excludes stock-based compensation, amortization of intangible assets related to acquisitions and certain tax adjustments.
- Cash flow from operations was an outflow of $(1.4) million, compared to an inflow of $23 thousand for the fourth quarter of 2016.
- Free cash flow, which consists of cash flow from operations less capital expenditures, was $(4.5) million compared to $(4.7) million for the fourth quarter of 2016.
Altair Engineering sees FY2018 revenue of $362-366 million, versus the consensus of $359.24 million.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Altair Engineering (ALTR) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Adobe Systems (ADBE) Tops Q2 EPS by 22c, Q3 Guidance Tops Views
- Ford Motor (F) Sees Q2 Adjusted EBIT Beat
- Life Storage Inc. (LSI) PT Raised to $118 at Stifel
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!