AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q2 EPS by 6c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- S&P 500 flat as telecom weakness offsets strong retail earnings
- Walmart (WMT) Gains After Crushing Estimates, Analysts Bulled Up on 'Strong Q1 Results'
- Home Depot (HD) Leaps After Topping Q1 Estimates, Analyst Positive
- Tesla (TSLA) Stuck as It Can't Deliver 10,000+ Cars From Its Fremont Factory Amid Supply Chain Issues - Report
- Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) Now Almost Out of Wells Fargo (WFC), Invests Further into Verizon (VZ) and Kroger (KR), More Selling than Buying Says Analyst
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
AbbVie (NYSE: ABBV) reported Q2 EPS of $1.26, $0.06 better than the analyst estimate of $1.20. Revenue for the quarter came in at $6.43 billion versus the consensus estimate of $6.2 billion.
- Global HUMIRA sales increased 17.4 percent on a reported basis. Operational HUMIRA sales increased 17.7 percent, excluding a modest impact of foreign exchange. Strong global growth was driven by continued momentum across all three major market categories – rheumatology, dermatology and gastroenterology.
- Second-quarter global IMBRUVICA net revenue was $439 million, with U.S. sales of $384 million and international profit sharing of $55 million for the quarter.
- Total company revenue growth was also driven by $419 million in global VIEKIRA sales in the quarter, as well as strong operational growth from Duodopa, Creon and Lupron.
AbbVie sees FY2016 EPS of $4.73 - $4.83, versus prior guidance of $4.62 - $4.82 and the consensus of $4.75. he company's 2016 adjusted diluted EPS guidance excludes $0.91 per share of intangible asset amortization expense, acquisition related costs and accounting impacts, the impact of the Venezuelan currency devaluation, and other specified items.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on AbbVie (ABBV) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: MYT Netherlands Parent B.V. (MYTE) Reports Q3 Revenues of EUR164.8M
- Eagle Point Credit (ECC) Tops Q1 EPS by 2c
- Home Depot (HD) Tops Q1 EPS by 79c, Revenues Beat; Comp. Sales Up 31%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!