Nonfarm Payrolls Rose 217K in May, Topping Consensus Estimates (SPY) (DIA) (QQQ)
- Dow, S&P 500 end with gains up after bumpy week, but Nike drags
- Over $100 Billion Wiped Off: Bitcoin (BTC) Price Falls As China's Central Bank Vows to Ban Cryptocurrency Trading
- Nike (NKE) Stock Falls On a Revenue Miss and Slashed FY Sales Outlook, Analysts Bullish Despite NT Supply Chain Challenges
- Oil hits highest in almost 3 years as supply tightens
- Here's Why Meredith (MDP) Stock Price Soared 18% in After Hours
(Updated - June 6, 2014 8:32 AM EDT)
May Change in Nonfarm Payrolls 217K vs 215K
Traders are watching S&P (NYSE: SPY).
UPDATE - More from the press release:
Total nonfarm payroll employment rose by 217,000 in May, and the unemployment rate was unchanged at 6.3 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Employment increased in professional and business services, health care and social assistance, food services and drinking places, and transportation and warehousing.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Last Week Marked Largest Outflows From Equities Since March 2020 and Biggest US Stocks Selling Since Early 2018 - BofA
- S&P 500 Erases Decline, Goes Green
- SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust (SPY) option implied volatility after FOMC policy decision
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Economic Data, Forex
Related EntitiesNonfarm Payrolls, Standard & Poor's, Layoffs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!