Cathie Wood's ARK Removes Limits Restricting Investing 30% of Total Fund Assets in a Single Stock, and Owning 20% of the Total Outstanding Shares of a Single Stock
- Wall Street ends volatile week sharply higher
- Disney (DIS) Dips As Streaming Business Shows Signs of Slowing Down, Analysts 'Very Bullish' on LT Opportunity
- Airbnb (ABNB) Bookings Up 52% to Help Sales Beat, Seen as a 'Blow Out Quarter' as More Upside is Left
- DoorDash (DASH) Reports Bigger Loss and a Sales Beat, Shares Soars on Strong Guidance and Two Upgrades to 'Buy'
- Coinbase (COIN) To Add Dogecoin Trading in the Next Few Weeks
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Cathie Wood's ARK Investment is removing language in its prospectus that limits its active ETFs from putting 30%+ of total assets in a single company and investing in more than 20% of the total number of outstanding shares issued by a single company or fund.
According to the amendment:
The last two paragraphs of the “Additional Information about the Funds’ Investment Strategies and Risks – Additional Investment Strategies – All Funds” section of the Prospectus are hereby deleted.
Those two sentences read (being removed):
- Each Fund will not invest more than 30% of its total assets in securities issued by a single company, fund or of short-term financial products of such company.
- Each Fund will not invest in more than 20% of the total number of outstanding shares issued by a single company or fund.
The disclosure, first pointed out by Jeffrey Ptak @syouth1 on Twitter Friday, comes as ARK has been under fire for holding heavy concentrations in a number of stocks. It also follows the blow-up of Archegos Capital on Friday after bets-gone-wrong in its highly-leveraged and concentrated portfolio.
ARK's main fund, ARKK, currently has a 10.6% weighting in Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA).
In addition to the amendments noted above, the fund also amended its prospectus to specify the risk of investing in SPACs, and remove limits on ADRs, warrants, preferreds.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cathie Wood's ARK Adds Another 2.1M Shares of Palantir (PLTR) on Wednesday, Bought ~6M Shares So Far This Week
- Tesla (TSLA) Erases Gain, Down 0.75%
- Fisker (FSR) Gains on Plans to Manufacture EVs With Foxconn in US, Morgan Stanley Reiterates FSR as a Top-Rated EV Startup Thesis as Bull Case Offers 800% Upside
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Hedge Funds, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesTwitter, Tesla, ARK
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!