Pfizer (PFE) Raises Quarterly Dividend 6.3% to $0.34; Approves $10 Billion Buyback Plan
- S&P 500 and Nasdaq notch highest closes since early 2022
- U.S. economy adds 199,000 jobs in November
- Fed should 'lowball' rate cuts expectations next week says analyst after strong jobs data
- Bernstein's best idea for 2024? Short Tesla stock
- Analysts defend Broadcom as annual guidance falls short after FQ4 earnings beat
(Updated - December 18, 2017 11:46 AM EST)
Pfizer (NYSE: PFE) declared a quarterly dividend of $0.34 per share, or $1.36 annualized. This is a 6.3% increase from the prior dividend of $0.32.
The dividend will be payable on March 1, 2018, to stockholders of record on February 2, 2018, with an ex-dividend date of February 1, 2018.
The annual yield on the dividend is 3.7 percent.
Keeping with past practice, the board of directors also authorized a new $10 billion share repurchase program to be utilized over time. This new program is in addition to the $6.4 billion remaining under the company’s current authorization.
“The dividend increase and new repurchase program demonstrate our commitment to returning capital to shareholders and are supported by our continued confidence in the business,” stated Ian Read, Pfizer chairman and chief executive officer.
For a dividend history and other dividend-related data on Pfizer (PFE) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Broadcom (AVGO) Raises Quarterly Dividend 14.1% to $5.25; 2.3% Yield
- Erie Indemnity (ERIE) Raises Quarterly Dividend 7.1% to $1.275; 1.7% Yield
- Net Lease Office Properties (NLOP) Declares $0.34 Quarterly Dividend; 7% Yield
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesDividend Hike, Dividends, Hot Dividends, Stock Buybacks
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!