Dollar General (DG) Raises Quarterly Dividend 11.5% to $0.29; 1.3% Yield
- S&P hits record, Nasdaq rallies as weak jobs data eases Fed taper worries
- U.S. Added Only 266,000 Jobs in April, Well Below Estimates
- Roku (ROKU) Surges After Crushing Profit Estimates to Prompt an Upgrade to 'Buy' at Loop Capital
- Dollar slides to more than two-month low after big U.S. jobs miss
- Square (SQ) Tops Q1 EPS by 25c
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Dollar General (NYSE: DG) declared a quarterly dividend of $0.29 per share, or $1.16 annualized. This is an 11.5% increase from the prior dividend of $0.26.
The dividend will be payable on April 24, 2018, to stockholders of record on April 10, 2018, with an ex-dividend date of April 9, 2018.
The annual yield on the dividend is 1.3 percent.
The Company repurchased $580 million, or 7.1 million shares, under its share repurchase program in fiscal year 2017, at an average price of $82.11 per share. From the inception of the share repurchase program in December 2011 through the end of fiscal year 2017, the Company has repurchased 81.4 million shares of its common stock at an average price of $63.21 per share, for a total cost of $5.1 billion. The total remaining authorization for future repurchases was approximately $354 million at the end of fiscal year 2017. On March 14, 2018, the Company’s Board of Directors increased the authorization under the share repurchase program by $1.0 billion. Under the authorization, purchases may be made in the open market or in privately negotiated transactions from time to time subject to market and other conditions. The authorization has no expiration date.
For a dividend history and other dividend-related data on Dollar General (DG) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Choice Hotels (CHH) Reinstates $0.225 Quarterly Dividend; Approves Buyback Plan
- Nike (NKE) Declares $0.275 Quarterly Dividend; 0.8% Yield
- Timken (TKR) Raises Quarterly Dividend 3.4% to $0.30; 1.3% Yield
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesDividend Hike, Dividends, Stock Buybacks
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!